Student Enquiries Management & Marketing
The service enables Student Services business continuity and development by the provision of a SAP CRM system to support the recording and responding to enquiries, providing a single view of business partner interactions. Types of business partners are prospective students, applicants, students, agents, parents, teachers, other general enquirers.
In addition, it provides business partner and interaction data to the Marketing and Communications Directorate, for use in campaign management (via the Hobson’s marketing system).
Enquiries received in Student Services from any business partner are recorded and managed as follows:
- Web Prospectus Requests (24x7) are submitted from prospective students/enquirers from anywhere in the world, the relevant prospectuses and letters dispatched by student services
- Receive and process web form enquiries from known authenticated students and ‘anonymous’ enquirers (24x7)
- Receive and process telephone & voicemail enquiries.
- Callers to the main Student Services number may key in a reference number to facilitate automatic lookup of caller details in the CRM system
- Agents using the integrated telephony system have the facility to transfer calls and manage phone functions within CRM
- Receive and process fax, email, face to face enquiries
- Provide a gateway to key data required to answer all enquiries relating to finance, accommodation, Student Wellbeing Service, Careers, Student progress, by allowing the interaction centre agent
- to launch to key Student Lifecycle Management and Finance data,
- to view summarised data on the Factsheet (data pulled from SAP SLM/SAP Finance/Accommodation Kinetics system data
- Allows interaction team agents to manage and prioritise the daily work load via,
- Routing rules and workflow to pass inbound email traffic to the relevant team’s inbox
- Inbox searching, prioritisation of email and service ticket enquiries
- Workload management reporting
- Automatic service ticket creation
- Coded classification of service tickets
- Business Partner maintenance and single corporate view of interactions against a business partner
- Applicants, students, agents business partner records replicated automatically from ECC student system
- Other direct enquirer business partners are created/maintained in SAP CRM
- Allows the capturing of marketing attributes for subsequent use in marketing campaigns which are fed out to the Hobson’s marketing system
- Management of duplicate business partner records and data cleanse
- Create and maintain standard email response templates and auto acknowledgments
- Room and Appointments booking (with specialists)
- Issue of standard and non standard documents to students
- Alert management to alert interaction team agents of high risk cases
- Service ticket classifications catalogue maintenance
- Enquiries management organisation structure
- Management information and stats (via BW) – e.g. Enquiries Analysis
- Interfaces to Hobson’s marketing solution(via SAP BW),
- upload of business partners and service tickets (containing marketing attributes) from marketing events,
- service tickets and enquirer records to SAP BW
- Middleware integration with Student Lifecycle Management (replicate applicants, students, agents business partner records)
- SAP student system transaction launch
- SAP student system – display CRM we enquiry form on the S3P, PG applicant portal
- Student services corporate web pages – display web enquiry forms
- Inbound and Outbound email via Cyrus
- Kinetics Accommodation system – display CRM enquiry form
- SAP BCM telephony system – automatic student lookup, voicemail, and integrated telephony functions
Enquiries Management – Student Services staff (Interaction team, Student Progress, Accommodation, Finance, Careers PG admissions, etc.)
Raise enquiries – external enquirers (students, prospective students, applicants, parents, teachers, agents, etc).
Data fed to and from Hobson’s system – Marketing and Communications Directorate staff
Systems are normally available and supported during core business hours 8.30 – 17.00hr Monday to Friday, excluding University closure periods. Certain systems are available, outside of the above hours but not normally supported.
The ISS “at risk” period is 07:00-09:00 every Tuesday. Further planned maintenance times will be publicised in advance if there will be a disruption to the service.
Level of Service
All data is securely held and backed-up daily.
Support and Documentation
An introduction to the University’s business systems starts at http://www.ncl.ac.uk/itservice/adminsystems.
Training guides, frequently asked questions and information about training courses are available from http://www.ncl.ac.uk/itservice/sap-training/.
Additional support is available via the ISS Service Desk on 5999 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All incidents relating to this service will be handled according to the ISS Incident Management and Major Incident Management processes.
Access to the core business systems:
To request changes to the system:
- A request form needs to be completed using the following link or at the relevant development group meeting: http://crilly.ncl.ac.uk/issrequests/Default.aspx?tabindex=1&tabid=13
Requests for any other aspect of the service should be made via the ISS Service Desk on 5999 or email@example.com.
Users are expected to comply with the regulations that are specified on the relevant User Registration form.
Make use of the documentation and the local support service before contacting the Service Desk for help.