Access to Newcastle University Library
- Books on Time
- Desktop Delivery Service
- E-Print Repository
- Friends of the Library
- Inter-Library Loans
- Law Library
- Library Guides
- Library Help
- Library Search (catalogue)
- Opening hours
- Print Services
- Reading Lists
- Research information
- Special Collections
- Walton Library
Staff from other Universities and CollegesNewcastle University is a member of SCONUL Access, a national borrowing scheme for higher education researchers.
If your home institution is also a member of this scheme you are eligible to join the University Library free of charge. Please bring with you both:
- A SCONUL card (available from your home library)
- and Your valid home library membership card
Students from other Universities and CollegesStudents from Northumbria, Durham, Sunderland and Teesside Universities
have reference access, on production of a valid smartcard or campus card from their home University Library. Some opening hours are self service only and access is by Newcastle University Smartcard only.
Part-time Students, Postgraduates and Distance Learners from other Universities and collegesNewcastle is a member of SCONUL Access, a national borrowing scheme for students in higher education.
If you are at an institution which is also a member of this scheme and you are one of the following:
- registered part-time student
- distance learning student
- student on placement for more than 6 weeks
- a valid SCONUL Access card (available from your home library)
- and your valid home Library membership card.
Open University StudentsThe Open University is also member of SCONUL Access, which enables free membership of the University library. Please bring with you:
- A valid SCONUL Access card (available from your home library in Milton Keynes)