Library Users Code of Conduct
- Books on Time
- Desktop Delivery Service
- E-Print Repository
- Friends of the Library
- Inter-Library Loans
- Law Library
- Library Guides
- Library Help
- Library Search (catalogue)
- Opening hours
- Print Services
- Reading Lists
- Research information
- Special Collections
- Walton Library
The facilities of the University Library
are provided for the benefit of the whole university.
Library Rules and Regulations are on display and copies are available on request.
This code is a general statement of the conduct we expect from users of the library services.
We ask you:
- To treat library staff and fellow users with respect and courtesy. Library staff will treat you in a fair and consistent way.
- To carry your University Smartcard/Library membership card with you when you visit the library, and show it to library staff on request. Do look after your Smartcard, and do not lend it to anyone else.
- To respect the needs of other users of the library:
- If you have group project work to do, use the Group study rooms or YourSpace, the Collaborative Learning Centre in the Robinson Library. All other open study areas are for quiet or silent study.
- Do not reserve seats in the library or the computer clusters.
- Observe the booking rules for computer workstations and Group study rooms.
- Do not use mobile phones anywhere except the designated areas
- Not to consume food and drink, except in the Café on Level 2 in the Robinson Library or in YourSpace.
- To finish off your work, especially if it involves the photocopiers or computer workstations, and leave the library promptly at closing time. Advance warning of closure is always given over the tannoy.
- To take care of books, journals, and other library property and equipment.
- To look after your personal property. Opportunist thieves are always around, so keep valuable items with you at all times.