- Books on Time
- Desktop Delivery Service
- E-Print Repository
- Friends of the Library
- Inter-Library Loans
- Law Library
- Library Guides
- Library Help
- Library Search (catalogue)
- Opening hours
- Print Services
- Reading Lists
- Research information
- Special Collections
- Walton Library
Law Library resources
Law journals (called periodicals in the Library) are located in the Law Library shelved at PER 340, PER 341 and PER 348. Medical journals are located in the Walton Library. For Law Library journals please consult the floor plan.
You will find most titles in two locations
- Current Journals section - You will find the most recent issues of journals here
- Bound Journals section -
Once sufficient issues have been received to complete a year or volume of a journal, it is bound together and stored here
The journals in this section are at the shelfmark PER 340; those at PER 341 and PER 348 are in the International and European Law Rooms respectively.
The Library Search will also indicate
- the shelfmark of a title. Journals can be identified in Library Search by the letters PER before the shelfmark.
- the holdings for a title (when we started and in some cases stopped, receiving a journal)
- whether any parts of the journal are missing
- whether a journal is on loan (some bound journals are loanable)
- whether a journal is available electronically
Library Search only records information about journal titles - Not about the articles they contain Unless they have been added to the Student Texts Collection. To find out about articles on a particular subject, you will need to use an appropriate bibliographic database or printed index.
Check the Useful Databases for Law to find out which databases are most suitable for your subject.
If you cannot find a particular title please ask for help at the Law Library Office or contact your Liaison Librarian.