Study Rooms in the Walton Library
- Books on Time
- Desktop Delivery Service
- E-Print Repository
- Friends of the Library
- Inter-Library Loans
- Law Library
- Library Guides
- Library Help
- Library Search (catalogue)
- Opening hours
- Print Services
- Reading Lists
- Research information
- Special Collections
- Walton Library
Walton Library resources
There are 10 group rooms available in the Walton Library
for Newcastle University students. These vary in size
from two to eight persons.
To use a Group Room, please go to the Enquiry Desk and ask for a key, stating the number in your group. A key will be issued to your Smartcard for a period of two hours. Overdue charges of £1.00 per hour or part of hour are levied for the late return of keys.
There is no renewal of use for a further two hours, and the rooms are not bookable.
All students using a group discussion room will be expected to observe the Rules of Use shown below.
We also have a Group Discussion Area near the journals section. There are several large tables here and group discussion is allowed in this area. Ask at Enquiry Desk if you need help finding this area.
Rules for Use of Group Rooms
- The rooms are for use by students for academic purposes only, e.g. working on group projects, or group presentations. The rooms may not be used for private study, society meetings or social purposes.
- Rooms are not for individual use and must be used by groups appropriate to the size of the room. This varies from room to room and will be clearly displayed on the group room door.
- Room keys are issued on an hourly basis for a maximum of 2 hours per day
- No food or drink may be taken into the rooms.
- All personal and Library material must be cleared from the rooms after use.
- Rooms to be locked after use.