Holds and recalls
- Books on Time
- Desktop Delivery Service
- E-Print Repository
- Friends of the Library
- Inter-Library Loans
- Law Library
- Library Guides
- Library Help
- Library Search (catalogue)
- Opening hours
- Print Services
- Reading Lists
- Research information
- Special Collections
- Walton Library
Walton Library resources
How do I reserve something that is on-loan?You can do this for books or journal volumes that are on loan on the Library System.
You will need your Smartcard and a personal password to do this. If you don't have a password or have forgotten it - ask at the Desk.
- Click on Log In
- Enter your patron barcode in first box and your password in second box then click on Log In
- Any or all General lending copies are blank in DUE column and you've already checked the shelves and the book isn't there.
- Any copy on record says IN PROCESS or ON ORDER.
- If REQUEST option is not at left of screen, click on ALL ITEMS near bottom of screen.
- Click on REQUEST
n.b. If there is more than one copy it is better to select a copy that does not already say Recalled. If there is more than one VOLUME ensure you click on Request beside the required volume.
- Note PICKUP location - this is where you will have to collect hold from when it is ready.
- After you've read the notes, click on GO button.
- You should see in red letters near top of screen “Item has been requested ...” You will be notified when hold is ready to collect. If you see any other message it means your hold was not successfully placed. Please ask at Desk if you do not understand the message