CRiLLS Funding Opportunities - Research Leave Schemes

The British Academy administers one year Senior Research Fellowships to cover research leave or replacement teaching. These Fellowships are funded by the Leverhulme Trust and the Thank-Offering to Britain Fund but applications should be submitted to the Academy, as indicated at the link above. In addition, the BARDAs scheme offers opportunities for research leave.

The ESRC offers Professorial Fellowships which provide salary support, research assistance and a link to PhD Studentships.

The Leverhulme Trust offers the following funding for research leave to pursue a project

  • Study Abroad Fellowships which support a period overseas in an academic environment. These Fellowships can be applied to activities that are not strictly research, for example, ideas exchange, the development of new lines of research and collaborative ventures.
  • Research Fellowships are open to experienced researchers, particularly those who are or have been prevented by routine duties from completing a programme of original research.
  • Philip Leverhulme Prizes are awarded to outstanding scholars or practitioners (usually under the age of 36) who have made a substantial and recognised contribution to their particular field of study, recognised at an international level, and whose future contributions are held to be of correspondingly high promise.
  • Major Research Fellowships in the Humanities and Social Sciences enable well established and distinguished researchers to devote themselves to a single research project of outstanding originality and significance, capable of completion within two or three years.