Meeting focuses of this group include:
- phonetic transcription of various languages, children's speech, and disordered speech
- reading and discussing phonetics and laboratory phonology articles
- dry-runs for conference presentations and preparation for panels
- showcase of students' PhD work
- using PRAAT
- any other activities that might benefit students or staff who belong to the group.
Meeting dates and times vary a lot, especially outside term-time. This summer, for instance, we're not meeting at all because more than half of the group is away for fieldwork and other research-related activities. During term time, meetings tend to take place fortnightly on a Thursday from 12.00 - 13.00 but dates and times may vary so anybody thinking of joining may like to regularly check the website for updated information.
The usual venue is room 2.14 KGVI when the phonetics lab or powerpoint are needed, CRiLLS space at other times. Once again, we will try to advertise venues along with dates and times online.
For further information please email Ghada Khattab.