There’s a variety of ways you can study linguistics and language sciences at undergraduate level.
You can study Linguistics as:
- a single honours degree, Linguistics BA
- in a number of joint honours programmes with languages
- alongside a modern European or Asian language
- as a key feature of English Language BA and English Language and Literature BA
- as an optional element on all of the programmes offered by the School of Modern Languages
The Speech and Language Sciences BSc is a vocational programme which renders graduates eligible to register with the Health Professions Council as a Speech and Language Therapist. Many aspects of language sciences are covered as part of this programme, alongside a wide range of other relevant discipline areas.
Visit the central undergraduate website for details about:
- how to apply
- fees and funding
- careers and employability
- information about what it's like to be a student at Newcastle