Application closing date
There are three closing dates, 8 March 2017, 5 May 2017 and 31 July 2017.
The University will allocate a proportion of available scholarships to the highest scoring valid applicants following these dates.
Unsuccessful candidates will be carried-forward from the first and second award cycles and may receive scholarships in the following award cycle.
Newcastle University London offers partial scholarship awards to encourage applicants assessed as international for fees purposes to undertake Undergraduate and Master’s level study. Each award is worth £3,000 for one year payable to the student’s tuition fee account.
We will consider each individual application and allocate scholarships based on merit.
Applicants can only apply and be considered for a Newcastle University London International Scholarship after they have been offered a place to study on their chosen degree course and have been assessed as international for fees purposes. They must also be:
- registered at Newcastle University London for the 2017/18 academic year
- registered for an undergraduate or postgraduate taught course at Newcastle University London
Applicants should note that the following students are not eligible to receive Newcastle University International Scholarships:
- UK or EU students assessed as ‘home’ for fee purposes
- PhD students and Newcastle University London students on an intercalating placement year
- holders of fully-funded scholarships (full payment of fees and living expenses) such as Chevening Scholarships, Commonwealth Scholarships or other fully sponsored awards
- students in receipt of India Great Scholarships or Santander Scholarships
- students progressing from university preparation programmes
- current students, registered in 2016/17 or earlier, who have already commenced Undergraduate or Masters’ studies at the time of award: awards cannot be made retrospectively
- applicants initially assessed as international for fee purposes but whose fees change to ‘home’
How to apply
Academic offer holders on an eligible course who have been assessed as international for fees purposes will be invited to apply for the Newcastle University London International Scholarship. Details of how to apply will be emailed to those that have applied shortly after an academic offer has been made.