Magnetic Resonance Scanner Suite
The Newcastle MR Centre houses a 3 Tesla Philips Intera Achieva MRI system.
- 3T magnet
- Quasar Dual Gradients (with SofTone noise reduction) 80mT/m, 200T/m/s slew rate
- 16 reciever channel RF system
- 2nd (broadband) transmit channel providing multi-nuclear capability
- Full range of head, body and peripheral coils for MRI.
- Range of surface coils for 31P and 13C measurement.
Vital sign monitoring equipment as part of scanner.
Waveguides for infusion lines from console area and covered floor channel for safe passage of infusion lines to magnet end.
Functional MRI Facilities
- Visual display system (via external data projection)
- Auditory presentation system
- Subject feedback system (response boxes)
- “e-prime” software environments for fMRI task development
- Eye tracker
A full list of University Research Facilities available for commercial use can be found on the Services for Business web pages.