Each year, staff and postgraduates in the School of Marine Science and Technology publish a large number of articles based on their research, expertise and teaching.
Year: 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004 2003 2002 2001 2000 1999 1998 1997 1996 1995 1994 1993 1992 1991 1990 1989 1988 1987 1986 1985 1984 1983 1982 1981 1980 1979 1977
- Trimmer M, Chronopoulou PM, Maanoja ST, Upstill-Goddard RC, Kitidis V, Purdy KJ. Archaeal nitrous oxide as a major sink for fixed nitrogen in the open ocean North Pacific.
Nature 2015. Submitted.
- Yang W, Lang Z, Tian W. Condition monitoring and damage location of wind turbine blades by frequency response transmissibility analysis.
IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics 2015. In Press.
- Franco SC, Aldred NA, Cruz T, Clare AS. Effects of temperature, food quality, photoperiod and salinity on larval growth and survival of stalked barnacles (Pollicipes pollicipes).
- Cerik BC, Shin HK, Cho SR. Impact response and damage assessment of offshore tubular members.
Engineering Structures 2015. Submitted.
- Zwirglmaier Z, Reid WDK, Heywood J, Sweeting CJ, Wigham BD, Polunin NVC, Hawkes JA, Connelly DP, Pearce D, Linse K. Linking regional variation of epibiotic bacterial diversity and trophic ecology in a new species of Kiwaidae (Decapoda, Anomura) from East Scotia Ridge (Antarctica) hydrothermal vents.
MicrobiologyOpen 2015, 4(1), 136-150.
- Turner RA, Polunin NVC, Stead SM. Mapping inshore fisheries: Comparing observed and perceived distributions of pot fishing activity in Northumberland.
MARINE POLICY 2015, 51, 173-181.
- Dev AK. Motion and Station Keeping Aspects of Semi-Submersibles.
In: 4th Mobile Offshore Drilling Units Conference (MODUC) 2015. 2015, Singapore: Petromin, Singapore.
- Meng X, Li Y. Numerical study of natural convection in a horizontal cylinder filled with water-based alumina nanofluid.
Nanoscale Research Letters 2015, 10(1), 1-10.
- Cerik BC, Shin HK, Cho SR. On the resistance of steel ring-stiffened cylinders subjected to low velocity mass impact.
International Journal of Impact Engineering 2015. Submitted.
- Woodward MD, Landamore MJ, Rees G, Allen N, Graauw Ade, Mejer AF, Hutchins JE, Irvine M, Short S, Trodden D, Labrosse M, Gargiulo R. On the safe pilotage of ship's with propulsion that can azimuth for steering.
Int. J. Marine Engineering 2015. In Press.
- Benson S, Downes J, Dow RS. Overall Buckling of Lightweight Stiffened Panels Using an Adapted Orthotropic Plate Method.
Engineering Structures 2015, 85, 107-117.
- Wu DW, Chen JL, Roskilly AP. Phase change material thermal storage for biofuel preheating in micro trigeneration application: A numerical study.
Applied Energy 2015, 137, 832-844.
- Emami K, Hack E, Nelson A, Brain CM, Lyne FM, Mesbahi E, Day JD, Caldwell GS. Proteomic-based biotyping reveals hidden diversity within a microalgae culture collection: An example using Dunaliella.
Scientific Reports 2015. In Press.
- Nall CR, Guerin AJ, Cook EJ. Rapid assessment of marine non-native species in northern Scotland and a synthesis of existing Scottish records.
Aquatic Invasions 2015, 10(1), 107-121.
- Chin CS, Atmodihardjo W, Woo WL, Mesbahi E. Remote temperature monitoring device using a multiple patients-coordinator set design approach.
ROBOMECH Journal 2015, 2, 4.
- Tian W, Yang W, Lang Z, Tao L, Ng C, McKeever P. Research on a new technique dedicated for condition monitoring long wind turbine blades.
In: EWEA Offshore 2015. 2015, Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Yang W, Tian SW. Research on a power quality monitoring technique for individual wind turbines.
Renewable Energy 2015, 75, 187-198.
- Philpot D, Gray TS, Stead SM. Seychelles, a vulnerable or resilient SIDS? A local perspective .
Island Studies Journal 2015. In Press.
- Xiao L, Yang J, Tao L, Li X. Shallow water effects on high order statistics and probability distributions of wave run-ups along FPSO broadside.
Marine Structures 2015, 41, 1-19.
- Wan Dennis, Chin CS. Simulation and Prototype Testing of a Low-Cost Ultrasonic Distance Measurement Device in Underwater.
Journal of Marine Science and Technology 2015, 20(1), 142-154.
- Graham H, Rastrick SPS, Findlay HS, Bentley MG, Widdicombe S, Clare AS, Caldwell GS. Sperm motility and fertilisation success in an acidified and hypoxic environment.
- Caveen AJ, Polunin NVC, Gray TS, Stead SM. The Controversy over Marine Protected Areas: Science Meets Policy.
New York, NY, USA: Springer, 2015.
- Sweeney E, Grant D, Mangan J. The implementation of supply chain management theory in practice: an empirical investigation.
Supply Chain Management: An International Journal 2015, 20(1), 56-70.
- Scarff G, Fitzsimmons C, Gray T. The new mode of marine planning in the UK: aspirations and challenges.
Marine Policy 2015, 51, 96-102.
- Woodward MD, Rijsbergen Mv, Hutchinson KW, Scott A. Uncertainty analysis procedure for the inclining experiment.
J. Probabilistic Engineering Mechanics 2015. Submitted.
- Aktas B, Turkmen S, Sampson R, Shi W, Politis G, Fitzsimmons P, Korkut E, Atlar M. Underwater radiated noise investigations of cavitating propellers using medium size cavitation tunnel tests and full-scale trials .
In: 4th International Symposium on Marine Propulsion & 2nd Workshop on Cavitating Propeller Performance. 2015. In Preparation.
- Thekkedan MD, Chin CS, Woo WL. Virtual Reality Simulation of Fuzzy-Logic Control during Underwater Dynamic Positioning.
Journal of Marine Science and Application 2015, 14(1), 14-24.
- Yang W, Tavner P. Wind turbine condition monitoring based an improved Spline-Kernelled Chirplet transform.
IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics 2015. Submitted.
- Yang W, Tian W, Peng Z. Wind turbine condition monitoring by detecting the transient period of a single generator stator current signal.
In: IEEE International Instrumentation and Measurement Technology Conference (I2MTC). 2015, Pisa, Italy. In Press.
- Shi P, Yang Wenxian, McKeever P, Ng C, Lee H. Wind turbine drive train condition monitoring and fault classification based on improved BP Neural network.
In: EWEA Offshore 2015. 2015, Copenhagen, Denmark: EWEA.