Each year, staff and postgraduates in the School of Marine Science and Technology publish a large number of articles based on their research, expertise and teaching.
Year: 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004 2003 2002 2001 2000 1999 1998 1997 1996 1995 1994 1993 1992 1991 1990 1989 1988 1987 1986 1985 1984 1983 1982 1981 1980 1979 1977 0000
- Jones EV, Gray T, Macintosh D, Stead S. A comparative analysis of three marine governance systems for implementing the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD).
Marine Policy 2016, 66, 30-38.
- Cerik BC, Shin HK, Cho SR. A comparative study on damage assessment of tubular members subjected to mass impact.
Marine Structures 2016, 46, 1-29.
- Xiao L, Yang J, Peng T, Tao L. A free surface interpolation approach for rapid simulation of short waves in meshless numerical wave tank based on the radial basis function.
Journal of Computational Physics 2016, 307, 203-224.
- McQueen H, Srinil N. A modified Matlock-Duffing model for two-dimensional ice-induced vibrations of offshore structures with geometric nonlinearities.
Journal of Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering 2016, 138(1), 011501.
- Cerik BC. A study on modelling of rate-dependent material behaviour in simulation of collision damage.
In: 7th International Conference on Collision and Grounding of Ships and Offshore Structures (ICCGS 2016). 2016, Ulsan, Korea. Submitted.
- Xiao L, Kou Y, Tao L, Yang L. Comparative study of hydrodynamic performances of breakwaters with double-layered perforated walls attached to ring-shaped very large floating structures.
Ocean Engineering 2016, 111, 279-291.
- Alfred-Mohammed E, Benson SD, Hirdaris S, Dow RS. Design safety margin of a 10,000 TEU container ship through ultimate hull girder load combination analysis.
Marine Structures 2016, 46, 78-101.
- Martinelli E, Gunes D, Wenning BM, Ober CK, Finlay JA, Callow ME, Callow JA, DiFino A, Clare AS, Galli G. Effects of surface-active block copolymers with oxyethylene and fluoroalkyl side chains on the antifouling performance of silicone-based films.
Biofouling 2016, 32(1), 81-93.
- Maleshlijski S, Sendra GH, Aldred N, Clare AS, Liedberg B, Grunze M, Ederth T, Rosenhahn A. Imaging SPR combined with stereoscopic 3D tracking to study barnacle cyprid-surface interactions.
Surface Science 2016, 643, 172-177.
- Farias FG, Bogucki D, Sahlée E, Long D, Polito P, DeGrandpre M, Upstill-Goddard RC, Drennan W. Improved remote measurements of CO2 gas transfer velocities in the Northeast Atlantic Ocean.
Geophysical Research Letters 2016. Submitted.
- Senkbeil T, Mohamed T, Simon R, Batchelor D, Di Fino A, Aldred N, Clare AS, Rosenhahn A. In vivo and in situ synchotron radiation based µ-XRF reveals elemental distributions during the early attachment phase of barnacle larvae and juvenile barnacles.
Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry 2016, 408(5), 1487-1496.
- Reid WDK, Sweeting CJ, Wigham BD, McGill RAR, Polunin NVC. Isotopic niche variability in macroconsumers of the East Scotia Ridge (Southern Ocean) hydrothermal vents: What more can we learn from an ellipse?.
Marine Ecology Progress Series 2016, 542, 13-24.
- Brierley AS, Clapham PJ, Baker CS, Baulch S, BegonaSantos M, Berggren P, Brownell JrRL, Castro CA, Charrassin JB, ChasquiVelasco L, Cooke J, Currey R, Gallego P, GallettiVernazzani B, Herr H, Ivashchenko YV, Lauriano G, Leaper R, Mangel M, Marcondes MCC, deOliveiraLuna F, Panigada S, Reeves SA, Ridoux V, Ritter F, RodríguezFonseca J, Roel BA, Rosenbaum H, Scheidat M, Simmonds M, Stachowitsch M, Wade P. Japan’s whaling is unscientific.
Nature 2016, 529, 283.
- Emami K, Nelson A, Hack E, Zhang J, Green D, Caldwell GS, Mesbahi E. MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry discriminates known species and marine environmental isolates of Pseudoalteromonas.
Frontiers in Microbiology 2016, 7.
- Upstill-Goddard RC, Barnes J. Methane emissions from UK estuaries: re-evaluating the estuarine source of tropospheric methane from Europe.
Marine Chemistry 2016, (In Press, Accepted Manuscript).
- Meng XY, Zhang X, Li Q. Numerical investigation of nanofluid natural convection coupling with nanoparticles sedimentation.
Applied Thermal Engineering 2016, 95, 411-420.
- Lu W, Yang J, Tao L. Numerical study of the energy structure of super rogue waves.
Ocean Engineering 2016, 113, 295-307.
- Okeke-Ogbuafor N, Gray TS, Stead SM. Reconciling traditional indigenous governance with contemporary approaches to decision making in Ogoni communities in Rivers State, Nigeria.
Journal of Sustainable Development 2016, 9(1). In Press.
- Pereira R, Schneider-Zapp K, Upstill-Goddard RC. Surfactant control of gas transfer velocity along an offshore coastal transect: results from a laboratory gas exchange tank.
Biogeosciences Discussions 2016, doi:10.5194/bg-2016-7, 2016. Submitted.
- Lees KJ, Guerin AJ, Masden EA. Using kernel density estimation to explore habitat use by seabirds at a marine renewable wave energy test facility.
Marine Policy 2016, 63, 35-44.
- Low YM, Srinil N. VIV fatigue reliability analysis of marine risers with uncertainties in the wake oscillator model.
Engineering Structures 2016, 106, 96-108.