Opportunities for postgraduate study at the School of Mathematics, Statistics and Physics.
For course content, research areas, research skills training, entry requirements, how to apply, and fees, funding and visa information please see course descriptions on the postgraduate website:
- Mathematics MPhil, PhD
- Statistics MPhil, PhD
- Mathematics and Statistics Integrated PhD (IPhD)
- Physics MPhil, PhD
You will be based in the School of Mathematics, Statistics and Physics, at Newcastle University. All successful candidates, regardless of funding, will receive:
- a £1500 travel grant
- a new desktop computer
- a shared office (maximum 6 students) in the fourth floor of the Herschel building
- access to APTS and MAGIC training courses
- training in R, MATLAB, Python and high performance computation (if needed)
- the opportunity to assist in lecture courses, and tutorials
Cloud Computing for Big Data CDT
This new multi-million pound initiative will train the next generation of experts in the analysis of 'big data' using advanced statistical methodologies and the latest cloud computing technologies, addressing an acute worldwide skills shortage.