Advanced programming with R
This is a two day intensive course
on R. The course will be a mixture of
lectures and computer practicals. The main focus of the course is advanced R
programming techniques, such as S3/S4 objects, reference classes and function
The course follows on from the Programming with R
course. It is assumed that all students have attend
this course (or have equivalent skills).
This course is suitable to a wide range of applicants e.g., biologists,
statisticians, engineers, students.
- Scoping rules (including lexical scope)
- The ... argument
- Functions as first class objects
- Functions closures and mutable states
- S3 objects:
- Introduction to object oriented programming
- Constructing S3 objects
- S4 and reference classes:
- Creating and using S4 and reference classes
- Differences between S3 and S4
Dr Colin Gillespie, Statistics
Lecturer in the School of Mathematics & statistics.