Over the past few years, we've invested heavily in a range of facilities to support and enhance our own research and that of our commercial partners and customers. Our specialist support ranges from electron and confocal microscopy and flow cytometry, to bioinformatics, proteomic analysis and our new genomics core facility.
Staff in our clinical facilities are experienced in all phases of clinical research. They provide support throughout the whole clinical trial process, from trial design through to patient assessment at one of our three Newcastle-based hospital facilities or our facility at South Tees.
Other facilities include the Sir Bobby Robson Cancer Trials Research Centre at the Freeman Hospital; a Dental Clinical Research Facility; and our ‘Biobank’, providing access to clinical samples for research.
Annual Scientific Facilities Conference
Our next Scientific Facilities Conference, Practicalities of Cellular Analysis, takes place on 28 March 2017. Visit the conference website for further details.
Full list of facilitiesFull list of facilities
- Bio-Imaging Unit
- Bioinformatics Support Unit
- Biomarkers Assay Service
- Cellular Therapies Facility
- Climate Control Chambers
- Clinical Ageing Research Unit
- Clinical Research Facility
- Colour vision testing services
- Dental Clinical Research Facility
- Electron Microscopy Research Services
- Flow Cytometry Core Facility
- Genomics Core Facility
- High Field Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- High-Throughput Screening Facility
- Human Developmental Biology Resource
- Magnetic Resonance Centre
- Muscle Performance & Exercise Training Laboratory
- NanoString nCounter Analysis System
- Newcastle Academic Health Partners Biobank
- Newcastle Clinical Trials Unit
- Newcastle Specials - MHRA approved pharmacy production unit
- Newcastle University Infectious Diseases Facility
- NUSCU (Newcastle University Single Cell Unit)
- Newcastle Preclinical In Vivo Imaging
- NUPPA (Newcastle University Protein and Proteome Analysis)
- Positron Emission Tomography Facility
- Sir Bobby Robson Cancer Trials Research Centre
View the full list of University Research Facilities available for commercial use on the Services for Business web pages.
Using our facilitiesUsing our facilities
We welcome enquiries from commercial customers and other universities seeking analytical and testing services and access to our facilities and equipment.
Newcastle University staff can find prices on our intranet, while external customers should contact individual facilities via the links above.
Both internal and external users can also browse the Newcastle Kit-Catalogue for specific equipment.
Funding may be available to support these projects, please see the Business Voucher Scheme for more information.