Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer
- Telephone: 0191 2137321 (NHS secretary)
- Address: Dept of Urology
Trust e-mail address
Consultant Urological Surgeon at Freeman Hospital with sub-specialist practice in Functional and Reconstructive Urology
Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturerwith research interest in Continence, Urodynamics and recurrent UTI
NICE specialist advisor on Sacral Nerve Stimulation
NICE specialist advisor on Prolapse Surgery
Chairman elect of BAUS Subsection Executive Committee (Female, Neurological and Urodynamic Urology)
Chair of Scientific Committee for United Kingdom Continence Society (UKCS) annual meeting 2017.
Chief Investigator / co-Chief Investigator
- Alternatives to prophylactic antibiotics in the treatment of recurrent Urinary Tract Infection (The ALTAR Study). HTA grant (13/88/21)
- Primary care management of lower urinary tract symptoms in men: Development and validation of a diagnostic and decision-making aid (The PriMUS Study) HTA grant (15/40/05)
TeachingUrodynamics Module Lead for MSc in Physiological Sciences
- Bray A, Harding C, Pickard R, Drinnan M. Individualized volume-corrected maximum flow rate correlates with outcome from bladder outlet surgery in men with lower urinary tract symptoms. International Journal of Urology 2016, 23(7), 587-592.
- Ivaz SL, Veeratterapillay R, Jackson MJ, Harding CK, Dorkin TJ, Andrich DE, Mundy AR. Intermittent self-dilatation for urethral stricture disease in males: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Neurourology and Urodynamics 2016, 35(7), 759-763.
- Morton H, Thorpe A, Pickard R, Harding C. Wet and Waiting: Delays in Treating Men with Post Prostatectomy Incontinence. In: Scientific Programme Annual Meeting of the International Continence Society (ICS). 2016, Tokyo, Japan: Wiley-Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
- Bray A, Harding C, Pickard R, Drinnan M. A Pilot of Home Uroflowmetry in UK Primary Care. In: 45th Annual Meeting of the International Continence Society. 2015, Montreal, Canada: Wiley-Blackwell.
- Veeratterapillay R, Coates J, Leonard A, Pickard R, Drinnan M, Harding C. Detrusor after-contraction on ambulatory urodynamics in symptomatic women. International Journal of Urology 2015, 22(11), 1058-1062.
- Valdevenito JP, Leonard A, Griffiths CJ, Pickard R, Harding C. Differences in urodynamic voiding variables recorded by conventional cystometry and ambulatory monitoring in symptomatic women. International Brazilian Journal of Urology 2014, 40(5), 666-675.
- Veeratterapillay R, Harding C, Teo L, Vasdev N, Abroaf A, Dorkin TJ, Pickard RS, Hasan T, Thorpe AC. Discontinuation rates and inter-injection interval for repeated intravesical botulinum toxin type A injections for detrusor overactivity. International Journal of Urology 2014, 21(2), 175-178.
- Morton HC, Tristram Z, Smith J, Harding CK. Impact of the 'Blood in Pee' Pilot Campaign. In: British Association of Urological Surgeons Annual Meeting. 2014, Liverpool, UK: Wiley-Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
- Bray A, Harding C, Pickard R, Drinnan M. Personalised Uroflowmetry Predicts Outcome From Surgery. In: 44th Annual Meeting of the International Continence Society (ICS). 2014, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Bray A, Robson W, Griffiths C, Harding C, Pickard R, Drinnan M. No Improvement in Home Flow Rates in a Quarter of Men Undergoing Transurethral Resection of the Prostate (TURP). In: 43rd Annual Meeting of the International Continence Society. 2013, Barcelona, Spain: John Wiley & Sons Ltd.
- Morton H, Harding C. Does prior treatment with intravesical botulinum toxin A affect the outcome of sacral neuromodulation evaluation in patients with refractory detrusor overactivity. In: 45th Annual Meeting of the International Continence Society (ICS). 2015, Montreal, Canada: Wiley-Blackwell.
- Veeratterapillay R, Pickard RS, Harding C. The role of uroflowmetry in the assessment and management of men with lower urinary tract symptoms - revisiting the evidence. Journal of Clinical Urology 2014, 7(3), 154-158.