Dr Louise Sutcliffe
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 0191 208 8209
- Address: Address: 3-4 Claremont Terrace
Newcastle upon Tyne
My background is in clinical trials and clinical research, and I have worked across this area in academia, the NHS, and the private sector in pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical companies and contract research organisations. I am currently in the Institute of Neuroscience at Newcastle managing clinical trials for the Stroke Research Group. Previously I was a research associate with Helen Phillips and Judith Goodship's groups working on studies of the genetics of congenital heart disease and heart development in the Institute of Genetic Medicine. Other previous experience includes recruiting heart and kidney transplant patients for the Institute of Transplantation Biobank, and knee replacement patients in the Freeman Hospital, and as technical administrator managing SOPs and regulatory documentation for a clinical trials pathology laboratory at a CRO.
PhD Biology Durham University CASE Studentship with Lonza Biologics 2008-2012 "Chemical genetic dissection of efferent IRE1a signalling" - Investigating protein folding mechanisms as a way to improve biopharmaceutical yields and quality. http://etheses.dur.ac.uk/5943/
BSc Hons Pharmacology with Industrial Experience 2001-2005 University of Manchester
See publications tab,
Acknowledged for patient recruitment/tissue collection in:
Dixon D, Coates J, del Carpio Pons A, Horabin J, Walker A, Abdul N, Kalson NS, Brewster NT, Weir DJ, Deehan DJ, Mann DA, Borthwick LA. A potential mode of action for Anakinra in patients with arthrofibrosis following total knee arthroplasty. Sci Rep. 2015 Nov 10;5:16466.
Parry SW, Deary V, Finch T, Bamford C, Sabin N, McMeekin P, O'Brien J, Caldwell A, Steen N, Whitney SL, Macdonald C, McColl E. The STRIDE (Strategies to Increase confidence, InDependence and Energy) study: cognitive behavioural therapy-based intervention to reduce fear of falling in older fallers living in the community - study protocol for a randomised controlled trial. Trials. 2014 Jun 6;15:210. doi: 10.1186/1745-6215-15-210. PubMed PMID: 24906406; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4059076.
I am currently working in the Stroke Research Group on the PASTA (https://research.ncl.ac.uk/pasta/) and WAVES trials.
- Brown M, Strudwick N, Suwara M, Sutcliffe LK, Mihai AD, Ali AA, Watson JN, Schröder M. An initial phase of JNK activation inhibits cell death early in the endoplasmic reticulum stress response. Journal of Cell Science 2016, 129(12), 2317-2328.
- Goodship J, Miossec M, Brown D, Wilson I, Sutcliffe L, Topf A, Devriendt K, Rauch A, Winlaw D, Bu'Lock F, Bhattacharya S, Lathrop M, Keavney B, Santibanez-Koref M. Analysis of rare variants and CNVs in non-syndromic tetralogy of Fallot. In: American Society of Human Genetics Annual Meeting (ASHG). 2015, Baltimore.
- Schröder M, Sutcliffe L. Consequences of stress in the secretory pathway: The ER stress response and its role in the metabolic syndrome. In: Peter Bross and Niels Gregersen, ed. Protein Misfolding and Cellular Stress in Disease and Aging: Concepts and Protocol. New York: Humana Press, 2010, pp.43-62.
- Sutcliffe L, Flynn D, Price CIM. Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy insertion after stroke in England 2006–2015: frequency and outcomes. In: UK Stroke Forum. 2017, Liverpool: International Journal of Stroke. In Preparation.