Professor Nick Europe-Finner
Prof of Cell Signalling
- Email: email@example.com
- Personal Website: http://www.ncl.ac.uk/biomedicine/research/groups/uterine.htm
- Address: Reproductive and Vascular Biology Group
Institute of Genetic Medicine
Newcastle upon Tyne
Roles and Responsibilities
Member of the School of Surgical and Reproductive Sciences, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Postgraduate Committee (1999-2010)
Assessor of MD and PhD students in the School of Surgical & Reproductive Sciences and the Institute of Cellular Medicine at Newcastle University (2004-present)
1972-1975 B.Sc (First Class Honours) in Biochemistry, London University, Chelsea College.
1976-1979 Ph.D in Biochemistry, London University, St. George's Hospital Medical School
1980-1981 MRC Post-Doctoral Research Assistant, Department of Physiology, King's college, London University.
1982-1991 SERC Post-Doctoral Research Scientist, Department of Biochemistry, University of Oxford.
1991-1996 Action Research Grant Holder : Nuffield Deparment of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Oxford.
1996-2001 Non-clinical Lecturer (B): Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, School of Surgical & Reproductive Sciences, University of Newcastle upon Tyne
2002-2006. Reader in Myometrial Sciences. Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. School of Surgical and Reproductive Sciences. University of Newcastle upon Tyne.
Member of the American Endocrine Society (USA) 2006-2009.
Member of FASEB (USA).
Member of the MRC (UK) Advisory Board (MAB): 1 July 2004 -30 June 2008.
Honours and Awards
Admitted to membership of Congregation at Oxford University with M.A. status (1988-1996).
Awarded a discretionary merit award from the Department of Biochemistry, University of Oxford (1990).
Promoted to RAIIA grade by the University of Oxford (1992).
Visiting Fellowship to the University of Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia. November 2011.
Elected a Fellow of the Royal Society of Biology (FRSB). December 2011.
i) Control of expression of the Galphas gene in the myometrium by PKA mediated phosphorylation of the Sp1-4 transcription factor family.
ii) Regulation of expression of myometrial Galphas and CREM alternative spliced isoforms by the splicing factors SF2/ASF and hnRNPA1
iii) Characterisation and functional analysis of CREB, CREM and ATF1-4 species in the human myometrium during fetal maturation.
iv) Regulation of human myometrial gene expression by cyclic AMP dependent bZIP transcription factors.
v) Elucidation of the transcriptional co-regulators that interact with bZIP proteins to regulate myometrial gene expression
vi) Characterisation and expression of protein kinase A holoenzymes in the human myometrium during pregnancy and labour.
vii) Elucidation of the molecular mechanisms that regulate the regulatory RIIalpha subunit of PKA in myometrial cells
viii) The role of histone deacetylase (HDAC) and HDAC inhibitors in maintaining myometrial quiescence:Potential use of HDAC inhibitors such as TSA, VPA and SAHA as potent tocolytics in preventing premature delivery
1) Defining the myometrial acetylome
2) The role of CPP-Hsp20 analogues as novel smooth muscle tocolytics
Research Roles 1996-present
Group Leader for 7 Post-doctoral RAIIA/RAIA research Associates,Clinical Research Associate and 4 Grade D Research Technicians
Dr. N.V. Small 1986-1989 .Oxford University
Dr. B.M. Gammon 1987-1990. Oxford University
Dr MWJ MacDougall: 2000-2003. University of Newcastle upon Tyne
Dr M Jefferson: 2005-2008. (with Prof AD Rowan). Institute of Cellular Medicine. University of Newcastle upon Tyne
Dr Tamar Moussed Mahmoud Abu-Amara. 2005-2009. Institute of Cellular Medicine University of Newcastle upon Tyne.
Dr C MacDonald: 2009-2012. Ph.D student (with Prof AD Rowan). Institute of Cellular Medicine. University of Newcastle upon Tyne
Referee for grant applications to the (MRC) Medical Research Council (UK)
Referee for grant applications to the (BBSRC) Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (UK).
Referee for grant applications to the Wellcome Trust.
Referee for grant applications to Action Research
Referee for grant applications to Wellbeing
Referee for grant applications to Tommy’s the baby charity
Referee for grant applications to SPARKS
Referee for grant applications to the Henry Smith Charity
Referee for grant applications to FSIDS
Referee for grant applications to the National Science Foundation (USA).
Referee for grant applications to the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
Referee for grant applications to the Alberta Heritage Foundation for Medical Research (AHFMR) (Canada)
Referee for grant applications to the NH-MRC (Australia)
Referee for grant applications to the Chief Scientist Office of the Scottish Government
Referee for grant applications to the Dr Hadwen Trust for Humane Research
Referee for the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism.
Referee for Endocrinology
Referee for the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Referee for Acta Obstetrics and Gynaecology Scandinavia
Referee for Molecular Human Reproduction
Referee for Experimental Physiology
Referee for the Journal of Endocrinological Investigation
Referee for the British Journal of Pharmacology
Referee for Reproduction
Referee for Trends in Endocrinology anad Metabolism
Referee for Reproductive Biology and Endocrinology
Referee for Reproductive Sciences
Referee for Trends in Biochemical Sciences
Referee for the Journal of Cellular and Molecular Medicine
Referee for PLOS one
Referee for Biology of Reproduction
Referee for Nature Communications
Referee for Molecular and Cellular Endocrinology
Referee for Journal of Endocrinology
Referee for FASEB Journal
International Dictyostelium Meeting, University of Southampton:1985.
International Dictyostelium Meeting, University of Amsterdam, Holland: 1986.
International Dictyostelium Meeting, University of Cambridge:1987.
Department of Zoology, University of Oxford: 1988
Department of Zoology, University of Oxford: 1989.
Department of Biological Sciences, Oxford Brookes University: 1994.
SPARKS-Charity Meeting, The Oxfordshire Golf Club, Oxford: 1995
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Warwick: 1995.
MacDonald Club Meeting, University of Newcastle upon Tyne: 1998.
Uterine Contractility Symposium, University of Oxford: 2000
Tommy’s Campaign Researchers Meeting, University of London: 2000S
erono -Expert meeting-Recombinant hCG in preterm labour. Los Angeles USA: 2002
Society of Gynecologic Investigations-Myometrial Symposium. Los Angeles USA: 2002
Symposium: Scientific and clinical aspects of the management of premature labour: New Hall-University of Cambridge: 2002
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Leeds: 2003.
Action Research-North East Supporters Meeting-Newcastle upon Tyne: 2003
Action Research-Yorkshire Supporters Meeting-York: 2003
Institute of Reproductive and Developmental Biology (IRDB) - Imperial College Hammersmith Hospital Campus-University of London: 2004
NCBES-Symposium “Regulation of smooth muscle function in health and disease”- National University of Ireland at Galway: 2005.
BARTS ENDOCRINE CLUB- Department of Endocrinology-St. Bartholomew's Hospital-University of London: 2006
Action Medical Research-Yorkshire Supporters Meeting-York: 2006
SAFE network of excellence-2nd European workshop on preterm labour-Tarragona, Spain:2006
Molecular and Clinical Aspects of Gonadal and Nongonadal Actions of Gonadotropins, New Delhi, India 2008
Society of Gynecologic Investigations- Myometrial Symposium (Plenary Lecture). Miami USA. 2011.
Mothers and Babies Centre,University of Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia. 2011.
Department of Obstsetrics and Gynaecology. University of Sheffield. 2012
Fetal Medicine Foundation Prize for Obstetric Research (£5,000) with Dr MWJ MacDougall and Professor SC Robson (2002).
Elected a Fellow of the Royal Society of Biology (2011)
1) The control of human myometrial activity during gestation: a role for Galphas in term and pre-term labour. Action Research. With Dr A López Bernal 1994-1996 (S/P/2576) = £121,936
2) Regulation of Galphas protein isoform expression in human myometrium.Tommy’s Campaign. Principal Investigator. 1998-2000 (Grant No.27) = £71,093
3) Myometrial gene expression during human pregnancy: a cyclic AMP mediated process.The Wellcome Trust. Principal Investigator. 1998-2001 (053563) = £200,661
4) Regulation of Galphas and connexin-43 gene expression in the human myometrium: a role for the Sp transcription factor family.The Wellcome Trust. Principal Investigator. 2000-2001 (058020) = £80,792
5) Control of alternative precursor mRNA splicing of Galphas in human myometrium during pregnancy and labour. Action Research. Principal Investigator. 1998-2001 (S/P/3232) = £117,734
6) Regulation of human myometrial gene expression by cyclic AMP related bZIP transcription factors.The Wellcome Trust. Principal Investigator. 2001-2004 (062928) = £221,674
7) The expression of protein kinase A holoenzymes in human myometrium during pregnancy and labour. Action Research. Principal Investigator. 2001-2003 (S/P/3689) = £93,569
8) Expression of the CREM gene in the human myometrium: regulation by alternative pre-mRNA splicing. The Wellcome Trust. Principal Investigator. 2002-2005 (066148) = £166,621
9) Regulation of hCG/LH receptor gene expression in the human myometrium during pregnancy and labour. Action Research. Principal Investigator. 2002-2004 (S/P/3766) = £85,412
10) Regulation of the protein kinase A regulatory subunit RIIalpha gene in the human myometrium during pregnancy and labour. Action Medical Research. Principal Investigator. 2004-2007 (S/P/3972) = £142,083
11) Uterine receptivity-the regulation of expression of histone deacetylase (HDAC)/DNA methyl transferase sensitive genes involved in myometrial quiescence during fetal maturation. Ph.D studentship for Mr Tamar Moussed Mahmoud Abou-Amara., Cultural Counsel of the Arab Republic of Egypt = £48,600
12)The role of histone deacetylases in regulating human myometrial activity during gestation. Society of Reproduction and Fertility.With Professor Alison Murdoch-Summer Vacation Scholarship for Mr Jamie Oughton 2007 = £1400
13)Understanding how NF-kB regulates expression and repression of the Gas GTP-binding protein in the myometrium. MRC(UK) with Dr NR Chapman (PI-Sheffield University), Dr DOC Anumba (Sheffield University) and Dr R Khan (Nottingham University) 2008-2011 (G0701322) = £447,201
14) Novel regulation of human myometrial contractility by histone deacetylase 8 (HDAC8): the use of specific inhibitors as tocolytics. MRC (UK) Principal Investigator with Prof MJ Taggart, Dr M Karolczak-Bayatti and Prof SC Robson. 2008-2011 (G0800202) = £460,768
15) Validation of the guinea-pig as an appropriate model for human labour: HDAC inhibitors as tocolytics for preterm labour. MRC (UK) Principal Investigator with Prof MJ Taggart, Dr NR Chapman (Sheffield), Prof BR Mitchell (Alberta, Canada) 2010-2012 (G0900525) = £228,024
16) The novel regulation of blood vessel contractility by protein acetylation: the role of HDAC8. BHF with Prof MJ Taggart (PI)2010-2013 (PG/09/075) = £175,499
17) Acetylated Hsp20 peptides as novel tocolytics for preterm labour. Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. Flexibility and Sustainability Funding Principal Investigator. 2012-2013 = £45,121
18) Regulation of acetylation of Hsp20 by lysine acetylases (KATs) in the human myometrium. Society of Biology Summer Vacation Scholarship for Mr Steven Marcos 2012 = £1080
19) Understanding the regulation of hERG potassium channel in the myometrium at the time of labour. With Professor Roger Smith, Principle Investigator (University of Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia) NH-MRC (Australia). 2012-2015 (APP1050584 ) = $577,955 (AUS) = £371,641
20) Investigating the human myometrial acetylome and identifying potential new targets for treating preterm labour. Principal Investigator with Professor Michael J Taggart., Dr Achim Treumann, Dr Magdalena Karolczak-Bayatti and Professor SC Robson. MRC (UK) (MR/L0009560/1). 2014-2018 = £728,679
21) Investigating heat shock protein 20 (Hsp20) as a viable drug target for altering uterine function. Principal Investigator with Professor Michael J Taggart., Dr Achim Treumann, Dr Magdalena Karolczak-Bayatti (Manchester University) ,Professor SC Robson and Dr A Jones (Cardiff University). Action Medical Research, 2014-2017 (GN2217) = £183,04
22) Identification of the mechanism(s) of action of the pseudo-kinase Tribbles-3 on matrix metalloproteinase-13 expression and cartilage breakdown. With Professor AD Rowan (PI). The JGW Patterson Foundation 2017-2018 (BH163611) = £50,949
Human parturition, Myometrium, Gene Expression, Alternative Splicing, SAGE, SSH, Microarrays.
B.Sc (Hons)-Lectures in Reproductive and Developmental Physiology PSC2015
M.Res.-Lectures in Cell Cycle Control and Cell Signalling Pathways in Health and Disease PGY8003
M.Res. Lectures/ Work-shop/Oral presentations in Cardiovascular Disease MMB8037
- Chan CM, MacDonald CD, Litherland GJ, Wilkinson DJ, Skelton A, Europe-Finner GN, Rowan AD. Cytokine-induced MMP13 Expression in Human Chondrocytes Is Dependent on Activating Transcription Factor 3 (ATF3) Regulation. The Journal of Biological Chemistry 2017, 292(5), 1625-1636.
- Europe-Finner GN, Karolczak-Bayatti M, Taggart MJ. The multifaceted KDAC8: a smooth muscle contractile regulator. Trends in Pharmacological Sciences 2015, 36(8), 493-493.
- Taggart MJ, Karolczak-Bayatti M, Europe-Finner GN. Letter to the editor: "KDAC and the regulation of nonnuclear smooth muscle protein acetylation". American Journal of Physiology: Cell Physiology 2014, 307(5), C493-C493.
- Europe-Finner GN, Taggart MJ, Karolczak-Bayatti M. A role for cytoskeletal protein acetylation in modulating myometrial activity. Reproductive Sciences 2013, 20(2), 175-181.
- Lal S, Allan A, Markovic D, Walker R, Macartney J, Europe-Finner N, Tyson-Capper A, Grammatopoulos D. Estrogen Alters the Splicing of Type 1 Corticotropin-Releasing Hormone Receptor in Breast Cancer Cells. Science Signaling 2013, 6(282), ra53.
- Chen A, Karolczak-Bayatti M, Sweeney M, Treumann A, Morrissey K, Ulrich SM, Europe-Finner GN, Taggart MJ. Lysine deacetylase inhibition promotes relaxation of arterial tone and C-terminal acetylation of HSPB6 (Hsp20) in vascular smooth muscle cells. Physiological Reports 2013, 1(6), e00127.
- Webster SJ, Waite S, Cookson VJ, Warren A, Khan R, Gandhi SV, Europe-Finner GN, Chapman NR. Regulation of GTP-binding protein (Gαs) expression in human myometrial cells: A role for tumour necrosis factor in modulating Gαs promoter acetylation by transcriptional complexes. Journal of Biological Chemistry 2013, 288(9), 6704-6716.
- Butler T, Paul J, Europe-Finner GN, Smith R, Cheng-Chan E. Role of serine-threonine phosphoprotein phosphatases in smooth muscle contractility. American Journal of Physiology-Cell Physiology 2013, 304(6), C485-C504.
- Karolczak-Bayatti M, Abu-Amara TMM, Europe-Finner GN. Expression of the GTP-Binding Protein Gαs in Human Myometrial Cells is Regulated by Ubiquitination and Protein Degradation: Involvement of Proteasomal Inhibition by Trichostatin A. Reproductive Sciences 2012, 19(12), 1323-1331.
- Yusuf D, Butland SL, Swanson MI, Bolotin E, Ticoll A, Cheung WA, Zhang XY, Dickman CT, Fulton DL, Lim JS, Schnabl JM, Ramos OH, Vasseur-Cognet M, de Leeuw CN, Simpson EM, Ryffel GU, Lam EW, Kist R, Wilson MS, Marco-Ferreres R, Brosens JJ, Beccari LL, Bovolenta P, Benayoun BA, Monteiro LJ, Schwenen HD, Grontved L, Wederell E, Mandrup S, Veitia RA, Chakravarthy H, Hoodless PA, Mancarelli M, Torbett BE, Banham AH, Reddy SP, Cullum RL, Liedtke M, Tschan MP, Vaz M, Rizzino A, Zannini M, Frietze S, Farnham PJ, Eijkelenboom A, Brown PJ, Laperriere D, Leprince D, de Cristofaro T, Prince KL, Putker M, Del Peso L, Camenisch G, Wenger RH, Mikula M, Rozendaal M, Mader S, Ostrowski J, Rhodes SJ, VanRechem C, Boulay G, Olechnowicz SW, Breslin MB, Lan MS, Nanan KK, Wegner M, Hou J, Mullen RD, Colvin SC, Noy PJ, Webb CF, Witek ME, Ferrell S, Daniel JM, Park J, Waldman SA, Peet DJ, Taggart M, Jayaraman PS, Karrich JJ, Blom B, Vesuna F, O'Geen H, Sun Y, Gronostajski RM, Woodcroft MW, Hough MR, Chen E, Europe-Finner N, Karolczak-Bayatti M, Bailey J, Hankinson O, Raman V, Lebrun DP, Biswal S, Harvey CJ, Debruyne JP, Hogenesch JB, Hevner RF, Heligon C, Luo XM, Blank MC, Millen KJ, Sharlin DS, Forrest D, Dahlman-Wright K, Zhao C, Mishima Y, Sinha S, Chakrabarti R, Portales-Casamar E, Sladek FM, Bradley PH, Wasserman WW. The Transcription Factor Encyclopedia. Genome Biology 2012, 13(3), R24.
- Karolczak-Bayatti M, Sweeney M, Cheng JAN, Edey L, Robson SC, Ulrich SM, Treumann A, Taggart MJ, Europe-Finner GN. Acetylation of Heat Shock Protein 20 (Hsp20) Regulates Human Myometrial Activity. Journal of Biological Chemistry 2011, 286(39), 34346-34355.
- Karolczak-Bayatti M, Loughney AD, Robson SC, Europe-Finner GN. Epigenetic modulation of the protein kinase A RIIalpha (PRKAR2A) gene by histone deacetylase 1 & 2 in human smooth muscle cells. Journal of Cellular and Molecular Medicine 2011, 15(1), 94-108.
- Moynihan AT, Hehir MP, Sharkey AM, Robson SC, Europe-Finner GN, Morrison JJ. Histone deacetylase inhibitors and a functional potent inhibitory effect on human uterine contractility. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology 2008, 199(2), 167 E1-E7.
- Taggart MJ, Europe-Finner GN, Mitchell BF. Possible dual roles for prostacyclin in human pregnancy and labor. Journal of Clinical Investigation 2008, 118(12), 3829-3832.
- Chapman NR, Kennelly MM, Harper KA, Europe-Finner GN, Robson SC. Examining the spatio-temporal expression of mRNA encoding the membrane-bound progesterone receptor-alpha isoform in human cervix and myometrium during pregnancy and labour. Molecular Human Reproduction 2006, 12(1), 19-24.
- Tyson-Capper AJ, Europe-Finner GN. Novel targeting of cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) pre-mRNA using antisense morpholino oligonucleotides directed to the 3′ acceptor and 5′ donor splice sites of exon 4: Suppression of COX-2 activity in human amnion-derived WISH and myometrial cells. Molecular Pharmacology 2006, 69(3), 796-804.
- Long AA, Chapman NR, Innes B, Europe-Finner GN, Robson SC. Expression and interaction of the transcriptional coregulators, CBP/p300, in the human myometrium during pregnancy and labor. Journal of the Society for Gynecologic Investigation 2005, 12(2), 92-97.
- Chapman NR, Smyrnias I, Anumba DOC, Europe-Finner GN, Robson SC. Expression of the GTP-binding protein (Gαs) is repressed by the nuclear factor κB RelA subunit in human myometrium. Endocrinology 2005, 146(11), 4994-5002.
- Bailey J, Tyson-Capper AJ, Gilmore K, Robson SC, Europe-Finner GN. Identification of human myometrial target genes of the cAMP pathway: The role of cAMP-response element binding (CREB) and modulator (CREMα and CREMτ2α) proteins. Journal of Molecular Endocrinology 2005, 34(1), 1-17.
- Bailey J, Europe-Finner GN. Identification of human myometrial target genes of the c-Jun NH2-terminal kinase (JNK) pathway: The role of activating transcription factor 2 (ATF2) and a novel spliced isoform ATF2-small. Journal of Molecular Endocrinology 2005, 34(1), 19-35.
- Phillips RJ, Tyson-Capper AJ, Bailey J, Robson SC, Europe-Finner GN. Regulation of expression of the chorionic gonadotropin/luteinizing hormone receptor gene in the human myometrium: Involvement of specificity protein-1 (Sp1), Sp3,Sp4, Sp-like proteins, and histone deacetylases. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism 2005, 90(6), 3479-3490.
- Otun HA, MacDougall MWJ, Bailey J, Europe-Finner GN, Robson SC. Spatial and temporal expression of the myometrial mitogen-activated protein kinases p38 and ERK1/2 in the human uterus during pregnancy and labor. Journal of the Society for Gynecologic Investigation 2005, 12(3), 185-190.
- Tyson-Capper AJ, Bailey J, Krainer AR, Robson SC, Europe-Finner GN. The switch in alternative splicing of cyclic AMP-response element modulator protein CREMτ2α (activator) to CREMα (repressor) in human myometrial cells is mediated by SRp40. Journal of Biological Chemistry 2005, 280(41), 34521-34529.
- Chapman NR, Europe-Finner GN, Robson SC. Expression and deoxyribonucleic acid-binding activity of the nuclear factor κB family in the human myometrium during pregnancy and labor. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism 2004, 89(11), 5683-5693.
- MacDougall MWJ, Europe-Finner GN, Robson SC. Human myometrial quiescence and activation during gestation and parturition involve dramatic changes in expression and activity of particulate type II (RIIα) protein kinase A holoenzyme. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism 2003, 88(5), 2194-2205.
- Pollard AJ, Krainer AR, Robson SC, Europe-Finner GN. Alternative splicing of the adenylyl cyclase stimulatory G-protein Gαs is regulated by SF2/ASF and heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein A1 (hnRNPA1) and involves the use of an unusual TG 3′-splice site. Journal of Biological Chemistry 2002, 277(18), 15241-15251.
- Bailey J, Phillips RJ, Pollard AJ, Gilmore K, Robson SC, Europe-Finner GN. Characterization and functional analysis of cAMP response element modulator protein and activating transcription factor 2 (ATF2) isoforms in the human myometrium during pregnancy and labor: Identification of a novel ATF2 species with potent transactivation properties. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism 2002, 87(4), 1717-1728.
- Phillips RJ, Bailey J, Robson SC, Europe-Finner GN. Differential expression of the adenylyl cyclase-stimulatory guanosine triphosphate-binding protein Gsα in the human myometrium during pregnancy and labor involves transcriptional regulation by cyclic adenosine 3′,5′-monophosphate and binding of phosphorylated nuclear proteins to multiple GC boxes within the promoter. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism 2002, 87(12), 5675-5685.
- Bailey J, Sparey C, Phillips RJ, Gilmore K, Robson SC, Dunlop W, Europe-Finner GN. Expression of the cyclic AMP-dependent transcription factors, CREB, CREM and ATF2, in the human myometrium during pregnancy and labour. Molecular Human Reproduction 2000, 6(7), 648-660.
- Pollard AJ, Sparey C, Robson SC, Krainer AR, Europe-Finner GN. Spatio-temporal expression of the Trans-acting splicing factors SF2/ASF and heterogeneous ribonuclear proteins A1/A1B in the myometrium of the pregnant human uterus: A molecular mechanism for regulating regional protein isoform expression in Vivo. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism 2000, 85(5), 1928-1936.
- Sparey C, Robson SC, Bailey JJ, Lyall F, Europe-Finner GN. The differential expression of myometrial connexin-43, cyclooxygenase-1 and -2, and G(s)α proteins in the upper and lower segments of the human uterus during pregnancy and labor. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism 1999, 84(5), 1705-1710.
- Hatthachote P, Morgan J, Dunlop W, Europe-Finner GN, Gillespie JI. Gestational changes in the levels of transforming growth factor-β1 (TGFβ1) and TGFβ receptor types I and II in the human myometrium. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism 1998, 83(8), 2987-2992.
- Europe-Finner GN, Phaneuf S, Cartwright E, Mardon HJ, Lopez Bernal A. Expression of human myometrial Gα(s) messenger ribonucleic acid transcript during pregnancy and labour: Involvement of alternative splicing pathways. Journal of Molecular Endocrinology 1997, 18(1), 15-25.
- Europe-Finner GN, Cartwright E, Bellinger J, Mardon HJ, Barlow DH, Lopez Bernal A. Identification of Gα(s) messenger ribonucleic acid splice variants in human granulosa cells. Journal of Molecular Endocrinology 1997, 18(1), 27-35.
- Phaneuf S, Asboth G, Carrasco M-P, Europe-Finner GN, Saji F, Kimura T, Harris A, Bernal Lopez A. The densitization of oxytocin receptors in human myometrial cells is accompanied by down-regulation of oxytocin receptor mRNA. Journal of Endocrinology 1997, 154(1), 7-18.