CMB2008 : Clinical Cases in Neuroscience
- Offered for Year: 2017/18
- Module Leader(s): Dr Paul Hubbard
- Demonstrator: Dr Elsa Randles
- Lecturer: Dr Eimear Field, Professor Philip Bradley, Professor Justin Durham, Mr Justin Nissen, Dr Iain Keenan, Dr Stephen Ball, Dr Gavin Clowry, Miss Sarah Lockey, Dr Sailesh Mishra, Dr Debra Patten
- Owning School: Biomedical Sciences
- Teaching Location: Newcastle City Campus
|Semester 1 Credit Value:||20|
The module aims to introduce students to neuroscience through the study of clinical cases. It also aims to provide to international students an awareness of medical education within the UK.
Outline Of Syllabus
The module centres on two clinical cases, taken from the second year MBBS curriculum at Newcastle. The cases are:
Case 23: The woman who burnt her left foot
Case 25: A woman with facial pain
Through the cases you will explore the structure and function of the central nervous system (CNS) and the relationship between the CNS and the periphery. Teaching is shared with second year MBBS students and comprises lectures, practicals and clinical skills sessions.
|Scheduled Learning And Teaching Activities||Lecture||23||1:00||23:00||N/A|
|Scheduled Learning And Teaching Activities||Practical||3||2:00||6:00||N/A|
|Scheduled Learning And Teaching Activities||Small group teaching||1||1:00||1:00||Seminar|
|Guided Independent Study||Independent study||1||170:00||170:00||N/A|
Teaching Rationale And Relationship
The format of resits will be determined by the Board of Examiners
Assessment Rationale And Relationship
FMS Schools offering Semester One modules available as ‘Study Abroad’ will, where required, provide an alternative assessment time for examinations that take place after the Christmas vacation. Coursework with submissions dates after the Christmas vacation will either be submitted at an earlier date or at the same time remotely.
The form of assessment will not vary from the original.
- Reading List Website : rlo.ncl.ac.uk