To be eligible to apply for the Study Abroad programme you must:
- have studied for at least a year at your home university
- be currently enrolled at your home university
- have a minimum GPA of 3.0 (or equivalent)
- have IELTS level 6.5 or higher if you are a non-native English speaker
We also accept other English language tests and qualifications, check our English language requirements.
Applications for the Study Abroad programme are made via our secure online application portal. To be given access to this portal email the Study Abroad Team.
You will need to prepare the following items as part of your application:
- certified copies of your academic transcripts
- an IELTS test score (non-native English speakers only)
- an academic reference
- colour copy of your passport (valid until at least 6 months after the end of your programme)
- list of the modules you wish to take at Newcastle
- list of the classes you are currently taking
To apply for Fine Arts or Architecture you will also need to include a portfolio of your work.
To apply for Music you must also include a recording of yourself performing.
12 April is the deadline for entry into semester one (September–January).
31 October is the deadline for entry into semester two (January–June).
Confirmation and offer emails
You will be sent an email to confirm receipt of your application.
If you meet the entrance requirements and have been selected by the school, we will email you an offer of a place on the programme. This will include further information you need before coming to Newcastle.