EEE3200 : State Space Analysis and Controller Design
- Offered for Year: 2017/18
- Module Leader(s): Dr Khalid Abidi
- Owning School: Engineering
- Teaching Location: Singapore
|Semester 1 Credit Value:||10|
• To develop the student's understanding of system analysis and controller design using state space techniques.
• To introduce linear control system design using computer aid design techniques.
Outline Of Syllabus
• Basic concepts of state space analysis, solution of state space systems including the state transition matrix, state space geometry, state feedback (pole placement and LQR), estimators, tracking.
|Guided Independent Study||Assessment preparation and completion||12||1:00||12:00||Revision for final examination.|
|Scheduled Learning And Teaching Activities||Lecture||24||1:00||24:00||N/A|
|Guided Independent Study||Assessment preparation and completion||1||2:00||2:00||Final examination.|
|Guided Independent Study||Independent study||62||1:00||62:00||Reviewing lecture notes; general reading; solving problems.|
Teaching Rationale And Relationship
Lectures provide the core material and guidance for further reading, problem solving and practice are integrated into the lecture structure.
The format of resits will be determined by the Board of Examiners
Assessment Rationale And Relationship
Lectured material is assessed by written examination which will assess the students' ability to tackle problems based on state space analysis and controller design.
- Reading List Website : rlo.ncl.ac.uk