EEE3202 : Power Electronics
- Offered for Year: 2017/18
- Module Leader(s): Dr Van-Tung Phan
- Owning School: Engineering
- Teaching Location: Singapore
|Semester 1 Credit Value:||10|
• To enhance knowledge and understanding of power electronic converters and their application in power electronic systems.
• To enhance knowledge and understanding of power electronic devices and their application in power electronic converters.
• To provide students with the skills and techniques necessary to analyse and synthesise power electronic circuits utilising modern power electronic devices.
Outline Of Syllabus
• Principles and analysis of power electronic converter topologies: ac-dc, dc-dc and dc-ac conversion.
• Control and design of converter circuits.
• Determination of filter technologies based on harmonic calculations.
• FACTS devices including shunt compensation circuits, series compensation circuits, active filters, etc.
• Characteristics of modern power electronic devices, driver circuits and protection.
• Thermal management and thermal analysis of power electronic systems.
|Guided Independent Study||Assessment preparation and completion||1||2:00||2:00||Final examination.|
|Guided Independent Study||Assessment preparation and completion||12||1:00||12:00||Revision for final examination.|
|Scheduled Learning And Teaching Activities||Lecture||24||1:00||24:00||N/A|
|Guided Independent Study||Independent study||62||1:00||62:00||Reviewing lecture notes; general reading; solving problems.|
Teaching Rationale And Relationship
Lectures provide core material and guidance for further reading, problem solving and practice are integrated into the lecture structure.
The format of resits will be determined by the Board of Examiners
Assessment Rationale And Relationship
The examination allows students to demonstrate their problem solving skills together with their knowledge and understanding of the subject outlined in the lectures.
- Reading List Website : rlo.ncl.ac.uk