Professor Peter Cumpson
Science City Prof in MEMS
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 7911
- Address: Room M5
- Bikkarolla SK, Yu F, Zhou W, Joseph P, Cumpson P, Papakonstantinou P. A three-dimensional Mn3O4 network supported on a nitrogenated graphene electrocatalyst for efficient oxygen reduction reaction in alkaline media.
Journal of Materials Chemistry A 2014, 2, 14493-14501.
- Sano N, Cumpson PJ, Cwiertnia E, Perry JJ, Singer BW. Multivariate analysis studies of the ageing effect for artist's oil paints containing modern organic pigments.
Surface and Interface Analysis 2014.
- Barlow AJ, Portoles JF, Cumpson PJ. Observed damage during Argon gas cluster depth profiles of compoundsemiconductors.
Journal of Applied Physics 2014, 116, 054908.
- Portoles JF, Cumpson PJ. A compact torsional reference device for easy, accurate and traceable AFM piconewton calibration.
Nanotechnology 2013, 24(33), 335706.
- Cumpson PJ, Portoles JF, Barlow AJ, Sano N. Accurate argon cluster-ion sputter yields: Measured yields and effect of the sputter threshold in practical depth-profiling by x-ray photoelectron spectroscopy and secondary ion mass spectrometry.
Journal of Applied Physics 2013, 114, 124313.
- Cumpson PJ, Portoles JF, Barlow AJ, Sano N, Birch M. Depth profiling organic/inorganic interfaces by argon gas cluster ion beams: sputter yield data for biomaterials, in-vitro diagnostic and implant applications.
Surface and Interface Analysis 2013, 45(13), 1859-1868.
- Escobedo-Cousin E, Vassilevski K, Hopf T, Wright N, O'Neill A, Horsfall A, Goss J, Cumpson PJ. Local solid phase growth of few-layer graphene on silicon carbide from nickel silicide supersaturated with carbon.
Journal of Applied Physics 2013, 113(11), 114309.
- Cumpson PJ, Portoles JF, Sano N. Material dependence of argon cluster ion sputter yield in polymers: Method and measurements of relative sputter yields for 19 polymers .
Journal of Vacuum Science & Technology A 2013, 31(2), 020605.
- Cumpson PJ, Portoles JF, Sano N. Observations on X-ray enhanced sputter rates in argon cluster ion sputter depth profiling of polymers.
Surface and Interface Analysis 2013, 45(2), 601-604.
- Escobedo-Cousin E, Vassilevski K, Hopf T, Wright N, O'Neill A, Horsfall A, Goss J, Cumpson P. Optimising the Growth of Few-Layer Graphene on Silicone Carbide by Nickel Silicidation.
Materials Science Forum 2013, 740-742, 121-124.
- Cumpson PJ, Sano N. Stability of reference masses V: UV/ozone treatment of gold and platinum surfaces.
Metrologia 2013, 50(1), 27-36.
- Cumpson PJ, Sano N, Barlow AJ, Portoles JF. Stability of Reference Masses VII. Cleaning methods in air and vacuum applied to a platinum mass standard similar to the international and national kilogram prototypes.
Metrologia 2013, 50, 532-538.
- Cumpson PJ, Portoles JF, Sano N, Barlow AJ. Stability of reference masses: VI. Mercury and carbonaceous contamination on platinum weights manufactured at a similar time as the international and national prototype kilograms.
Metrologia 2013, 50(5), 518-531.
- Cumpson PJ, Portoles JF, Sano N, Barlow AJ. X-ray enhanced sputter rates in argon cluster ion sputter-depth profiling of polymers.
Journal of Vacuum Science & Technology B 2013, 31(2), 021208.
- Aitken RJ, Garrod J, Hankin SM, Lang Tran C, Donaldson K, Stone V, Cumpson P, Johnstone J, Cash S. A multidisciplinary approach to the identification of reference materials for engineered nanoparticle toxicology.
Nanotoxicology 2008, 2(2), 71-78.
- Munz M, Cox DC, Cumpson PJ. Nano-scale shear mode testing of the adhesion of nanoparticles to a surface-support.
Physica Status Solidi A: Applications and Materials Science 2008, 205(6), 1424-1428.
- Roy D, Munz M, Colombi P, Bhattacharyya S, Salvetat J-P, Cumpson PJ, Saboungi M-L. Directly writing with nanoparticles at the nanoscale using dip-pen nanolithography.
Applied Surface Science 2007, 254(5), 1394-1398.
- Wang J, Cumpson PJ. Modelling of angle-resolved X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (ARXPS) intensity ratios for nanocharacterisation of closely packed shell-core nanofibres.
In: Instrumentation, Metrology, and Standards for Nanomanufacturing. 2007, San Diego, California, USA: International Society for Optical Engineering.
- Tantra R, Cumpson P. The detection of airborne carbon nanotubes in relation to toxicology and workplace safety.
Nanotoxicology 2007, 1(4), 251-265.
- Portoles JF, Cumpson PJ, Hedley J, Allen S, Williams PM, Tendler SJB. Accurate velocity measurements of AFM-cantilever vibrations by Doppler interferometry.
Journal of Experimental Nanoscience 2006, 1(1), 51-62.
- Sheridan B, Cumpson P, Bailey M. Metrology at the nano scale.
Physics World 2005, 18(8), 37-40.
- Cumpson PJ, Hedley J, Clifford CA. Microelectromechanical device for lateral force calibration in the atomic force microscope: Lateral electrical nanobalance.
Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology B: Microelectronics and Nanometer Structures 2005, 23(5), 1992-1997.
- Cumpson PJ, Zhdan P, Hedley J. Calibration of AFM cantilever stiffness: A microfabricated array of reflective springs.
Ultramicroscopy 2004, 100(3-4), 241-251.
- Cumpson PJ, Hedley J, Clifford CA, Chen XY, Allen S. Microelectromechanical system device for calibration of atomic force microscope cantilever spring constants, between 0.01 and 4 N/m.
In: Journal of Vacuum Science & Technology A: 50th AVS International Symposium. 2004, Baltimore, Maryland, USA: American Institute of Physics.
- Cumpson PJ, Clifford CA, Hedley J. Quantitative analytical atomic force microscopy: A cantilever reference device for easy and accurate AFM spring-constant calibration.
Measurement Science and Technology 2004, 15(7), 1337-1346.
- Cumpson PJ, Hedley J. Accurate analytical measurements in the atomic force microscope: A microfabricated spring constant standard potentially traceable to the SI.
Nanotechnology 2003, 14(12), 1279-1288.
- Cumpson PJ, Hedley J, Zhdan P. Accurate force measurement in the atomic force microscope: A microfabricated array of reference springs for easy cantilever calibration.
Nanotechnology 2003, 14(8), 918-924.
- Cumpson PJ. Angle-Resolved X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy.
In: Briggs, D., Grant, J.T, ed. Surface Analysis by Auger and X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy. Chichester, UK: IM Publications, 2003.
- Cumpson PJ. Estimation of inelastic mean free paths for polymers and other organic materials - use of quantitative structure-property relationships.
Surface and Interface Analysis 2001, 31(1), 23-34.
- Cumpson PJ. The Thickogram: a method for easy film-thickness measurement in XPS.
Surface and Interface Analysis 2000, 29(6), 403-406.
- Cumpson, P.J. and Seah, M.P. Elastic-Scattering Corrections in AES and XPS 2: Estimating Attenuation Lengths and Conditions Required for their Valid Use in Overlayer/Substrate Experiments.
Surface and Interface Analysis 1997, 25, 430.
- Cumpson, P.J. Angle-Resolved XPS and AES: Depth-resolution Limits and a General Comparison of Properties of Depth-Profile Reconstruction Methods.
Journal of Electron Spectroscopy 1995, 73, 25.
- Cumpson, P.J. Elastic-Scattering Corrections in AES and XPS 1: Two Rapid Monte-Carlo Methods for Calculating the Depth-Distribution Function.
Surface and Interface Analysis 1993, 20, 727.
- Cumpson, P.J. and Seah, M.P. The Quartz-Crystal Microbalance: Radial-Polar Dependence of Mass Sensitivity both On and Off the Electrodes.
Measurement Science and Technology 1990, 1, 544.