Professor Peter Cumpson
Science City Prof in MEMS
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 7911
- Address: Room M5
- Cumpson P. Multivariate analysis of extremely large ToFSIMS imaging datasets by a rapid PCS method.
Surface and Interface Analysis 2015. In Press.
- Barlow AJ, Scott O, Sano N, Cumpson PJ. Multivariate Auger Feature Imaging (MAFI) - a new approach towards chemical state identification of novel carbons in XPS imaging.
Surface and Interface Analysis 2015, 47(2), 173-175.
- Bikkarolla SK, Yu F, Zhou W, Joseph P, Cumpson P, Papakonstantinou P. A three-dimensional Mn3O4 network supported on a nitrogenated graphene electrocatalyst for efficient oxygen reduction reaction in alkaline media.
Journal of Materials Chemistry A 2014, 2, 14493-14501.
- Sano N, Cumpson PJ, Cwiertnia E, Perry JJ, Singer BW. Multivariate analysis studies of the ageing effect for artist's oil paints containing modern organic pigments.
Surface and Interface Analysis 2014, 46(10-11), 786-790.
- Barlow AJ, Portoles JF, Cumpson PJ. Observed damage during Argon gas cluster depth profiles of compound semiconductors.
Journal of Applied Physics 2014, 116(5), 054908.
- Cumpson PJ. Recent Developments in the Study of the Surface-Stability of Platinum and Platinum-Iridium Mass Standards.
Johnson Matthey Technology Review 2014, 58(4), 180-188.
- Portoles JF, Cumpson PJ. A compact torsional reference device for easy, accurate and traceable AFM piconewton calibration.
Nanotechnology 2013, 24(33), 335706.
- Cumpson PJ, Portoles JF, Barlow AJ, Sano N. Accurate argon cluster-ion sputter yields: Measured yields and effect of the sputter threshold in practical depth-profiling by x-ray photoelectron spectroscopy and secondary ion mass spectrometry.
Journal of Applied Physics 2013, 114, 124313.
- Cumpson PJ, Portoles JF, Barlow AJ, Sano N, Birch M. Depth profiling organic/inorganic interfaces by argon gas cluster ion beams: sputter yield data for biomaterials, in-vitro diagnostic and implant applications.
Surface and Interface Analysis 2013, 45(13), 1859-1868.
- Escobedo-Cousin E, Vassilevski K, Hopf T, Wright N, O'Neill A, Horsfall A, Goss J, Cumpson PJ. Local solid phase growth of few-layer graphene on silicon carbide from nickel silicide supersaturated with carbon.
Journal of Applied Physics 2013, 113(11), 114309.
- Cumpson PJ, Portoles JF, Sano N. Material dependence of argon cluster ion sputter yield in polymers: Method and measurements of relative sputter yields for 19 polymers .
Journal of Vacuum Science & Technology A 2013, 31(2), 020605.
- Cumpson PJ, Portoles JF, Sano N. Observations on X-ray enhanced sputter rates in argon cluster ion sputter depth profiling of polymers.
Surface and Interface Analysis 2013, 45(2), 601-604.
- Escobedo-Cousin E, Vassilevski K, Hopf T, Wright N, O'Neill A, Horsfall A, Goss J, Cumpson P. Optimising the Growth of Few-Layer Graphene on Silicone Carbide by Nickel Silicidation.
Materials Science Forum 2013, 740-742, 121-124.
- Cumpson PJ, Sano N. Stability of reference masses V: UV/ozone treatment of gold and platinum surfaces.
Metrologia 2013, 50(1), 27-36.
- Cumpson PJ, Sano N, Barlow AJ, Portoles JF. Stability of Reference Masses VII. Cleaning methods in air and vacuum applied to a platinum mass standard similar to the international and national kilogram prototypes.
Metrologia 2013, 50, 532-538.
- Cumpson PJ, Portoles JF, Sano N, Barlow AJ. Stability of reference masses: VI. Mercury and carbonaceous contamination on platinum weights manufactured at a similar time as the international and national prototype kilograms.
Metrologia 2013, 50(5), 518-531.
- Cumpson PJ, Portoles JF, Sano N, Barlow AJ. X-ray enhanced sputter rates in argon cluster ion sputter-depth profiling of polymers.
Journal of Vacuum Science & Technology B 2013, 31(2), 021208.
- Aitken RJ, Garrod J, Hankin SM, Lang Tran C, Donaldson K, Stone V, Cumpson P, Johnstone J, Cash S. A multidisciplinary approach to the identification of reference materials for engineered nanoparticle toxicology.
Nanotoxicology 2008, 2(2), 71-78.
- Munz M, Cox DC, Cumpson PJ. Nano-scale shear mode testing of the adhesion of nanoparticles to a surface-support.
Physica Status Solidi A: Applications and Materials Science 2008, 205(6), 1424-1428.
- Roy D, Munz M, Colombi P, Bhattacharyya S, Salvetat J-P, Cumpson PJ, Saboungi M-L. Directly writing with nanoparticles at the nanoscale using dip-pen nanolithography.
Applied Surface Science 2007, 254(5), 1394-1398.
- Wang J, Cumpson PJ. Modelling of angle-resolved X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (ARXPS) intensity ratios for nanocharacterisation of closely packed shell-core nanofibres.
In: Instrumentation, Metrology, and Standards for Nanomanufacturing. 2007, San Diego, California, USA: International Society for Optical Engineering.
- Tantra R, Cumpson P. The detection of airborne carbon nanotubes in relation to toxicology and workplace safety.
Nanotoxicology 2007, 1(4), 251-265.
- Portoles JF, Cumpson PJ, Hedley J, Allen S, Williams PM, Tendler SJB. Accurate velocity measurements of AFM-cantilever vibrations by Doppler interferometry.
Journal of Experimental Nanoscience 2006, 1(1), 51-62.
- Sheridan B, Cumpson P, Bailey M. Metrology at the nano scale.
Physics World 2005, 18(8), 37-40.
- Cumpson PJ, Hedley J, Clifford CA. Microelectromechanical device for lateral force calibration in the atomic force microscope: Lateral electrical nanobalance.
Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology B: Microelectronics and Nanometer Structures 2005, 23(5), 1992-1997.
- Cumpson PJ, Zhdan P, Hedley J. Calibration of AFM cantilever stiffness: A microfabricated array of reflective springs.
Ultramicroscopy 2004, 100(3-4), 241-251.
- Cumpson PJ, Hedley J, Clifford CA, Chen XY, Allen S. Microelectromechanical system device for calibration of atomic force microscope cantilever spring constants, between 0.01 and 4 N/m.
In: Journal of Vacuum Science & Technology A: 50th AVS International Symposium. 2004, Baltimore, Maryland, USA: American Institute of Physics.
- Cumpson PJ, Clifford CA, Hedley J. Quantitative analytical atomic force microscopy: A cantilever reference device for easy and accurate AFM spring-constant calibration.
Measurement Science and Technology 2004, 15(7), 1337-1346.
- Cumpson PJ, Hedley J. Accurate analytical measurements in the atomic force microscope: A microfabricated spring constant standard potentially traceable to the SI.
Nanotechnology 2003, 14(12), 1279-1288.
- Cumpson PJ, Hedley J, Zhdan P. Accurate force measurement in the atomic force microscope: A microfabricated array of reference springs for easy cantilever calibration.
Nanotechnology 2003, 14(8), 918-924.
- Cumpson PJ. Angle-Resolved X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy.
In: Briggs, D., Grant, J.T, ed. Surface Analysis by Auger and X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy. Chichester, UK: IM Publications, 2003.
- Cumpson PJ. Estimation of inelastic mean free paths for polymers and other organic materials - use of quantitative structure-property relationships.
Surface and Interface Analysis 2001, 31(1), 23-34.
- Cumpson PJ. The Thickogram: a method for easy film-thickness measurement in XPS.
Surface and Interface Analysis 2000, 29(6), 403-406.
- Cumpson, P.J. and Seah, M.P. Elastic-Scattering Corrections in AES and XPS 2: Estimating Attenuation Lengths and Conditions Required for their Valid Use in Overlayer/Substrate Experiments.
Surface and Interface Analysis 1997, 25, 430.
- Cumpson, P.J. Angle-Resolved XPS and AES: Depth-resolution Limits and a General Comparison of Properties of Depth-Profile Reconstruction Methods.
Journal of Electron Spectroscopy 1995, 73, 25.
- Cumpson, P.J. Elastic-Scattering Corrections in AES and XPS 1: Two Rapid Monte-Carlo Methods for Calculating the Depth-Distribution Function.
Surface and Interface Analysis 1993, 20, 727.
- Cumpson, P.J. and Seah, M.P. The Quartz-Crystal Microbalance: Radial-Polar Dependence of Mass Sensitivity both On and Off the Electrodes.
Measurement Science and Technology 1990, 1, 544.