- Ball HL, Ward-Platt MP, Howel D, Russell C Randomised trial of sidecar crib use on breastfeeding duration (NECOT) Archives Disease Childhood 2011 ; 97(7): 630-634
- McDonald A, Treweek S, Shakur H, Free C, Knight R, Speed C and Campbell M. Using a business model approach and marketing techniques for recruitment to clinical trials. Trials 2011, 12: 74
- Murdoch M, McColl E, Howel D, Deverill M, Buckley BS, Lucas M, Chapple CR, Tincello DG, Armstrong N, Brennand C, Shen J, Vale L, Hilton P. INVESTIGATE-I (INVasive Evaluation before Surgical Treatment of Incontinence Gives Added Therapeutic Effect?): study protocol for a mixed methods study to assess the feasibility of a future randomised controlled trial of the clinical utility of invasive urodynamic testing. Trials, 2011, 12:169
- Shaw L, Price C, McLure S, Howel D, McColl E, Ford GA. Paramedic Initiated Lisinopril for Acute Stroke Treatment (PIL-FAST): study protocol for a pilot randomised controlled trial. Trials 2011,12:152
- Shaw LC, Price CIM, van Wijck FMJ, Shackley P, Steen N, Barnes MP, Ford GA, Graham LA and Rodgers H on behalf of the BoTULS Investigators. Botulinum Toxin for the upper limb after stroke (BoTULS) trial: effect on impairment, activity limitation, and pain. Stroke, 2011 DOI: 10.1161/STROKEAHA.110.582197
- Thomas LH, Watkins CL, French B, Sutton CJ, Forshaw D, Cheater F, Roe B, Leathley M, Burton C, McColl E and Booth J (2011). Study protocol: ICONS: Identifying Continence OptioNs after Stroke: a randomised trial. Trials 1011;12:131
- Kelly T, Suddes J, Howel D, Hewison J, Robson S A randomised controlled trial comparing medical versus surgical termination of pregnancy at 13-20 wks British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology 2010;117:1512-1520
- Lock C, Wilson J, Steen N, Eccles M, Mason H, Carrie S, et al. North of England and Scotland Study of Tonsillectomy and Adeno-tonsillectomy in Children (NESSTAC) : a pragmatic randomised controlled trial with a parallel non-randomised preference study. Health Technol Assess 2010; 14(13).
- Moorman A V, Chilton L, Wilkinson J, Ensor H M, Bown, N P, Proctor S J. A population based cytogenetic study of 349 adults with acute lymphoblastic leukaemia. Blood, 2010, 115: 206-214.
- Moorman A V, Chilton, L, Wilkinson J, Ensor, H M, Bown N, Proctor S J. Age and Sex-Adjusted Incidence rates of Adults with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia (ALL) in the Northern Part of England, Blood, 2010, 116:1012.
- Shaw L, Rodgers H, Price C, van Wijck F, Shackley P, et al. BoTULS: a multicentre randomised controlled trial to evaluate the clinical effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of treating upper limb spasticity due to stroke with botulinum toxin type A. Health Technol Assess 2010;14(26).
- Shaw L, Rodgers H. Botulinum toxin to treat spasticity after stroke. Stroke Matters 2010; Issue 6: 12-13.
- Sieniawski, M, Farrow, M, Zhao X, Wilkinson J, Mainou-Fowler T, White J, McIntyre J, Proctor SJ. A
Bayesian prognostic index for prediction of clinical outcome in DLBCL developed on a population based cohort of patients treated with anthracycline based chemotherapy. ASH Annual Meeting Abstracts 2010.
- Speed C, Heaven B, Adamson A, Bond J, Corbett S, Lake AA, et al. LIFELAX – diet and lifestyle versus laxatives in the management of chronic constipation in older people: randomised controlled trial. Health Technol Assess 2010;14(52).
- Proctor SJ, Wilkinson J, Culligan D, Galloway M, Lucraft HH, Jones G, McNally R, Wood KM, Mainou-Fowler T, Watson G, Goodlad JR. Comparative Clinical Responses of Three Chemotherapy Schedules (VEPEMB, ABVD, CLVPP) in 175 Hodgkin Lymphoma Patients over 60 years Evaluated as Part of the SHIELD (Hodgkin Elderly) Study. Annals of Oncology (2011), 22.4, 287 [Abstract & Poster].
- Robson S C, Kelly T, Howel D, Deverill M, Hewison J, Lie M L S, et al. Randomised preference trial of medical versus surgical termination of pregnancy less than 14 weeks' gestation (TOPS). Health Technology Assess 2009;13(53).
- Shaw L, Rodgers H. Botulinum toxin type A for upper limb spasticity after stroke. Expert Review of Neurotherapeutics 2009; 9: 1713-1725.
- Dent J, Kahrilas P J, Vakil N, Veldhuyzen van Zenten S, Bytzer P, Delaney B, Haruma K, Hatlebakk J, McColl E, Moayyedi P, Stanghellini V, Tack J, Vaezi M. Clinical trial design in adult reflux disease: a methodological workshop. Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics, 2008, 28(1): 107-126.
- Mihaylov S, Stark C, McColl E, Steen N, Vanoli A, Rubin G, Curless R, Barton R and Bond J. Stepped Treatment of Older people on Laxatives: the STOOL Trial. Health Techmology Assessment, 2008, 12(3): 1-160.
- Rodgers H, Shaw L, Price C, van Wijck F, Barnes M, Graham L, Ford G, Shackley P, Steen N on behalf of BoTULS investigators. Study design and methods of the BoTULS trial: a randomised controlled trial to evaluate the clinical effect and cost effectiveness of treating upper limb spasticity due to stroke with botulinum toxin type A. Trials 2008; 9:59