The University has a rich history in agriculture teaching and research. Our alumni play a vital role in this history.
The Society's aims are to:
- provide a forum for the discussion of development in agriculture and related industries
- provide a link between the research work of our School and the industries it serves
- promote and support the work of our School and our students
- provide assistance, advice and contacts to graduates of our School as careers develop after leaving Newcastle
These aims are achieved through a programme of regular meetings, newsletters and the annual reunion dinner held in November each year.
- Secretary: Dr Paul Bilsborrow
- Chairman: Mr Jack Smith
- Hon. Treasurer: Mr Simon Smith
- Vice Chairman: Mr James Stark
- Journal Editor: Mr Jonathan Goodfellow
- Committee: Mr William Bradwell, Mr James Brown, Miss Nicola Burkinshaw, Mr George Gooderham, Mr Rob Scholey, Mr James Steele, Mr Steve Wilcockson, Mr Harry Huddart, Mr Ben Allison-Hughes, Mrs Jo Leiper, Mr David Lawrie
Please join our Agric Alumni LinkedIn group too.
UNAS members automatically qualify as a member of The Alumni Association of Newcastle University, which offers a range of lifetime benefits to members.
These include access to the Robinson Library, a discount on postgraduate tuition fees at the University, as well as other off-campus discounts.
Update your details
Please ensure we have the most up to date details for you so that we can keep you updated with all of our news and events.
Classic UNAS ties are available. In polyester, these have a dark-green background with purple/white/gold diagonal stripes. Cost including post and packing is £7.50 per tie.
A range of polo and rugby shirts, v-neck pullovers and other leisurewear is available embroidered with the ‘Agrics’ logo. If you would like further information about any of our branded merchandise or would like to place an order, please contact us.