You will benefit from our £2.1m research laboratories and £1.9m synthetic chemistry teaching laboratories.
Other facilities include:
- physical chemistry laboratory
- mechanical and electronic workshops, staffed by highly trained technicians
- facilities for the synthesis and characterisation of novel materials
- extensive computational resources for molecular modelling and dynamics
- a centralised NMR facility which includes 200, 300 and 500 MHz spectrometers
You will also have access to the Chemical Analytical Services Unit. Which offers elemental analysis of compounds; GC-MS and mass spectrometer with EI, FAB, CI; and electrospray ionisation capabilities.
We also have exceptional X-ray crystallographic facilities, including a CCD area detector diffractometer and low-temperature facilities, allowing rapid determination of the structure of crystalline compounds.
In addition, individual research groups are well-equipped with modern spectroscopic techniques for both kinetic and analytical functions.