- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 4834
- Address: School of Natural and Environmental Sciences
Faculty of SAgE
- BSc(hons) Biological Sciences (Plant Sciences)
- RHS Advanced Certificate in Horticulture (level 4)
- NPTC PA1 and PA6 certificates in safe use of pesticides (level 2)
I work as a research technician and lab manager supporting the research groups of Professor Anne Borland and Dr Kirsten Wolff.
Senior Research Technician at CNAP, University of York
Senior Gardener at RHS Wisley
Plant Growth Suite Manager and Senior Research Technician at The Centre for Plant Sciences, University of Leeds
Research technician in Biochemistry, University of Leeds
Plant care and horticulture
Genetic modification of plants
Plant tissue culture
Protein extraction and SDS PAGE
DNA and RNA isolation
- Urwin PE, Yi L, Martin H, Atkinson HJ, Gilmartin PM. Functional characterization of the EMCV IRES in plants. The Plant Journal 2001, 24(5), 583-9.
- Smallwood M, Yates EA, Willats WGT, Martin H, Knox JP. Immunochemical comparison of membrane-associated and secreted arabinogalactan-proteins in rice and carrot. Planta 198(3):452-459 1996, 198(3), 452-459.
- Smallwood M, Martin H, Knox JP. An epitope of rice threonine- and hydroxyproline-rich glycoprotein is common to cell wall and hydrophobic plasma membrane glycoproteins. Planta 196 1995, 196(3), 510-522. In Preparation.
- Smith LM, Handley J, li Yi, Martin H, Donovan L, Bowles DJ. Temporal and spatial regulation of a novel gene in barley embryos. Plant Molecular Biology 1993, 20(2), 255-66.
- Clark AJ, Higgins P, Martin H, Bowles DJ. An embryo-specific protein of barley (Hordeum vulgare). European Journal of Biochemistry 1995, 199(1), 115-21.