Full Scale Test Facilities
The facilities at Barrow Hill include:
- 14 acre site just outside Chesterfield, UK
- Connected to mainline railway network
- Undercover vehicle accommodation, including maintenance pits and ancillary services
- Over 1 mile of running track
- A wide range of vehicles and carriages
- Engineering workshops
- High performance computer modelling facilities
- Dedicated NewRail office including meeting facilities
For more information on NewRail's facilities at Barrow Hill, please contact Prof. Mark Robinson.
NewRail's Wheel-Rail Interface Group is active in wheel-rail testing at Barrow Hill for projects and consultancy services.
- Crack initiation and growth in rails
- Wear in rails
- Adhesion at the wheel-rail interface