Dr Jonathan Powell
- Email: email@example.com
- Powell JP, Palacin R. Development and Comparison of Algorithms to Derive Vehicle Location from Speed Profile Data. Urban Rail Transit 2018, e-pub ahead of print.
- Powell JP, Batty P, González-Gil A, Palacin R. Determining system-wide energy use in an established metro network. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers Part F: Rail and Rapid Transit 2017, 231(5), 570-577.
- Powell JP, Palacin R. Driving style for ERTMS in-cab and conventional line side signalling: an exploratory study. IF - Ingegneria Ferroviaria 2016, 71(12), 927-942.
- Powell JP, Fraszczyk A, Cheong CN, Yeung HK. Potential Benefits and Obstacles of Implementing Driverless Train Operation on the Tyne and Wear Metro: A Simulation Exercise. Urban Rail Transit 2016, 2(3), 114-127.
- Powell JP, Palacin R. A comparison of modelled and real-life driving profiles for the simulation of railway vehicle operation. Transportation Planning and Technology 2015, 38(1), 78-93.
- Powell JP, Palacin R. Benchmarking suburban, regional and freight train driving styles in a mixed-traffic railway. In: RailNewcastle Conference. 2015, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.
- Powell J, Palacin R. Passenger stability within moving railway vehicles: Limits on maximum longitudinal acceleration. Urban Rail Transit 2015, 1(2), 95-103.
- González-Gil A, Palacin R, Batty P, Powell JP. A systems approach to reduce urban rail energy consumption. Energy Conversion and Management 2014, 80, 509-524.
- Powell JP, González-Gil A, Palacin R. Experimental assessment of the energy consumption of urban rail vehicles during stabling hours: influence of ambient temperature. Applied Thermal Engineering 2014, 66(1-2), 541-547.
- Palacin R, Powell J. dynamic conditions of urban and suburban railway vehicles: Influence in passenger confort and safety. In: World Congress on Rail Research (WCRR11). 2011, Lille, France.
- Powell J, Fletcher D. The need for developing an effective and acceptable engineering response to terrorist attacks on railway systems. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part F: Journal of Rail and Rapid Transit 2011, 225(4), 359-371.
- Kappia J, Fletcher D, Bosher L, Powell J. The acceptability of counter-terrorism measures on urban mass transit in the UK. In: WIT Transactions on the Built Environment: Urban Transport XV. 2009, Bologna, Italy: WIT Press.