- Project Dates: From November 2016 to January 2019
- Project Leader: NewRail: Dr Cristian ulianov
- Staff: Sian Evans; Dr Paul Hyde
- Sponsors: SHIFT2RAIL Joint Undertaking
- Partners: UNEW, Inertia Technology B.V, Havellandische Eisenbahn Aktiengesellschaft Germany, Lucchini RS SPA, New Opera AISBL, Perpetuum LTD, Politecnico Di Milano, Technische Universitaet Berlin, UNIFE, Uzina de Vagoane Aiud Romania, Vykumny Ustav Zeleznicni, Cz
The INNOWAG project is coordinated by NewRail and will work towards increasing rail freight competitiveness and the development of the next generation of lightweight and intelligent freight wagons, by addressing specific challenges in three essential areas. This will be achieved through the following three streams: Work Stream 1 (WS1): Cargo condition monitoring;
- work stream 2 (WS2): Wagon design
- work stream 3 (WS3): Predictive maintenance
INNOWAG will also consider the compatibility between the solutions proposed and researched in the three areas, as well as their integration into a novel wagon concept.
The concept underpinning the INNOWAG project relies on the need for rail freight to increase its competitiveness and attractiveness and the project therefore aims at developing a rail freight service that fits the needs of modern manufacturing and supply chains.
Contact our Project Leader: Dr Cristian Ulianov
Visit the INNOWAG project website.