- Project Dates: From June 2015 to May 2018
- Project Leader: Tom Zunder
- Staff: Dewan Islam, Paulus Aditjandra
- Sponsors: European Commission
- Partners: CERTH, NewRail, ERTICO, POLIS, ITL, Panteia, UTh, MUS, VIU, CENIT, D'APPOLONIA, BIM, UOT, Sapienza, IRU, Renault, Trainose, K+N, RER, Graz, Athens, Copenhagen, Barcelona, Rome, Pisa, Barking & Dagenham, MECHELEN, Turin,
The NOVELOG project focuses on the enabling of knowledge and understanding of freight distribution. It looks at service trips by providing guidance for implementing effective and sustainable policies and measures.
This guidance will support the choice of the most optimal and applicable solutions for urban freight and service transport. It will facilitate stakeholder collaboration and the development, field testing and transfer of best governance and business models.
The objectives are:
- To understand, assess and capture current needs and trends in Urban Freight Transport, revealing the reasons for failures in city logistics implementations and to identify the key influencing factors and develop future Sustainable Urban logistics scenarios.
- To enable determination of optimum policies and measures, based on city typologies and objectives, link them to tailored business models and test and validate them.
- To develop a modular integrated evaluation framework for city logistics that will portray the complexity of the life cycle of UFT systems and implement it to assess the effectiveness of the policies and measures.
- To incorporate the best fitting policies and measures in integrated urban planning and SUMPs, at local level, to facilitate and guide multi-stakeholder cooperation for improved policy making.
- To field test, implement and validate all the above, in selected EU cities, and demonstrate applicability and sustainability of the tools and ensure the continuity of the impacts by creating and establishing take-up strategies and roadmaps for the best city logistics solutions.
Contact the Project Leader: Tom Zunder