- Project Dates: October 2016 to September 2019
- Project Leader: Dr Marin Marinov
- Staff: Sian Evans
- Sponsors: Co-funded by the European Commission, Grant agreement no. 723989
- Partners: 21 partners from across the whole of Europe
The Transportation sector employs over 10 million people in the EU today. At the same time, transport is a social sector that is rapidly developing, changing and being influenced to the maximum extent by the development of automation, electrification and greening of transport, among others. Thus, it faces problems in staffing its several domains with appropriate and qualified personnel. This fact makes the need for changes in training and education content, curricula, tools and methodologies imperative, incorporating lifelong learning aspects for professionals in all transports areas.
The SKILLFUL project’s aims are threefold
- To critically review the existing, emerging and future knowledge and skills requirements of workers at all levels in the transportation sector, with emphasis on competences required by important game changers and paradigm shifters (such as electrification and greening of transport, automation, MaaS, etc.).
- To structure the key specifications and components of the curricula and training courses that will be needed to meet these competence requirements optimally, with emphasis on multidisciplinary education and training programmes.
- To identify and propose new business roles in the education and training chain, in particular of “knowledge aggregator”, “training certifier” and “training promoter”, in order to achieve European wide competence development and take-up in a sustainable way.