- Project Dates: From December 2014 to November 2016
- Project Leader: Dr George Kotsikos
- Staff: Sian Evans
- Sponsors: European Commission
- Partners: WEGEMT and 5 others
The scope of the project is to organise two competitions for transport research awards to be announced at the TRA conference in 2016:
- a research student competition with the goal of stimulating interest among young researchers and students in the field of sustainable surface transport.
- a competition for senior researchers in the field of innovative surface transport concepts based on results only from EU-funded projects.
Both competitions will cover all surface transport modes (road, rail and waterborne) including Infrastructures and cross-cutting issues in line with the EC policy objectives for smart, green and integrated transport.