Specific key areas of European transport research including:
- The current state-of-the-art in transport research in the EU
- Current capabilities and capacities in transport research in MS and NMS
- Developing cross-border collaborations
- Developing and Maintaining sources of trans-national funding to aid cross-border collaborations
- Assisting in strengthening the research and innovation strategies of the transport industries in Europe
- FOSTER RAIL which will draft a strategic plan to turn the ERRAC 2020 Vision into reality.
- ETNA Plus Fostering innovation for trans-national cooperation in European transport research and promoting active participation of stakeholders in European research calls and projects through the National Contact Point (NCP) Network
- SETRIS Strengthening the Research and Innovation Strategies of the Transport industries in Europe.
- TRA Visions 2016
Recent projects include:
- HERMES, an EC funded project to gather transport research databases worldwide and create a portal through which these databases can be accessed;
- TransNEW evaluated the transport research capability and capacity in rail, road, waterborne and aeronautics of the EU New Member States, This established a benchmark of the current research activity in each of these countries and created a database of contacts to enable researchers to network with one another. In addition researchers in these countries were trained to form consortia, write proposals and encouraged to participate in European projects.
- TranSLO Project description (PDF: 799KB)
Slovenian Transport Research Capability and the National Transport Research Agenda
TransSLO final achievements of the project (PDF 1115Kb)
TranSLO article produced by the EC as TransSLO was a project of Good Practice. (PDF 43Kb)
Downloadable leaflet on Strategy (PDF: 490KB)