The group is led by Sian Evans and specialises in research from a strategic perspective.
Key areas of research include the following:
- Specific key areas of European transport research including:
- Establishing current state-of-the-art in transport research in the European Union:
- Assessing capabilities and capacities in transport research:
- Developing cross-border collaborations
- HERMES, an EC funded project to gather transport research databases worldwide and create a portal through which these databases can be accessed;
- ERRAC Roadmap which will draft a strategic plan to turn the ERRAC 2020 Vision into reality.
Recent projects include:
- TransNEW evaluated the transport research capability and capacity in rail, road, waterborne and aeronautics of the EU New Member States, This established a benchmark of the current research activity in each of these countries and created a database of contacts to enable researchers to network with one another. In addition researchers in these countries were trained to form consortia, write proposals and encouraged to participate in European projects.
- TransSLO Project description (PDF: 799KB)
Slovenian Transport Research Capability and the National Transport Research Agenda
Final Achievements of the project (PDF 1115Kb)
Article produced by the EC as TransSLO was a project of Good Practice. (PDF 43Kb)
Downloadable leaflet on the Strategy Group (185Kb PDF)