Dr Amira El-Sherif
Associate Clinical Lecturer
- Sachdeva A, El-Sherif A, Turnbull D, Greaves L, Heer R. Development of prostate intra-epithelial neoplasia in an aging series of PolgA mutator mice suggests a role for mitochondrial DNA mutations in prostate carcinogenesis. In: EAU16 – 31st Annual Congress of the European Association of Urology. 2016, Munich, Germany: Elsevier.
- Heer R, Hepburn AC, Williamson SC, Kennedy A, El-Sherif A, Soomro NA, Brown CD, Robson CN. Renal differentiation from adult spermatogonial stem cells. Renal Failure 2013, 35(10), 1387-1391.
- Veeratterapillay R, Simren R, El-Sherif A, Johnson MI, Soomro N, Heer R. Accuracy of the revised 2010 TNM classification in predicting the prognosis of patients treated for renal cell cancer in the north east of England. Journal of Clinical Pathology 2012, 65(4), 367-371.
- Veeratterapillay R, Rakhra S, El-Sherif A, Johnson M, Soomro N, Heer R. Can the Kattan nomogram still accurately predict prognosis in renal cell carcinoma using the revised 2010 tumor-nodes-metastasis reclassification?. International Journal of Urology 2012, 19(8), 773-776.
- Rigas AC, Williamson SC, Kennedy A, El-Sherif A, Soomro NA, Brown CDA, Robson CN, Heer R. Renal differentiation from adult spermatogonial stem cells. In: Annual Meeting of the Society of Academic and Research Surgery. 2012, Nottingham, UK: John Wiley & Sons Ltd.
- Hepburn AC, Veeratterapillay R, Williamson SC, El-Sherif A, Sahay N, Thomas HD, Mantilla A, Pickard RS, Robson CN, Heer R. Side Population in Human Non-Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer Enriches for Cancer Stem Cells That Are Maintained by MAPK Signalling. PLoS One 2012, 7(11), e50690.
- Jackson M, Heer R, El-Sherif A, Perros P, Thorpe A. Carcinoid tumour in an ileocystoplasty: A reminder to consider native bowel disease in the reconstructed urinary tract. British Journal of Medical and Surgical Urology 2011, 4(1), 39-41.
- El-Sherif AM, Seth R, Tighe PJ, Jenkins D. Quantitative analysis of IL-10 and IFN-gamma mRNA levels in normal cervix and human papillomavirus type 16 associated cervical precancer. Journal of Pathology 2001, 195(2), 179-185.