Dr Carmela Ciardullo
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Northern Institute for Cancer Research
Paul O’Gorman Building
Newcastle upon Tyne
2008: BSc Biological Sciences (110/110 cum laude), University of Calabria – Italy
2011: MSc Biological Sciences (110/110 cum laude), University of Calabria – Italy
2015: PhD Clinical and Experimental Medicine (Hematology), Amedeo Avogadro University of Eastern Piedmont, Novara – Italy
May 2015-April 2016: Research Fellow, Faculty of Health and Life Sciences, Northumbria University, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
European Hematology Association (EHA)
British Society for Haematology (BSH)
American Society of Hematology (ASH)
American Association for Cancer Research (AACR)
Ex vivo treatment of resting and CD40L-stimulated primary chronic lymphocytic leukaemia samples with second-generation MDM2 inhibitors
Assessment of gene expression signature of p53 target genes in response to second-generation MDM2 inhibitors in primary chronic lymphocytic leukaemia samples
Isolation, culture and ex vivo treatment of normal mature blood cells and CD34+ haematopoietic stem cells to assess the effect of non-genotoxic p53 reactivation via MDM2 inhibition
Analysis of Next Generation sequencing data to assess the mutational status of TP53 gene in primary chronic lymphocytic leukaemia samples in different disease stage
Expression analysis of the death-associated kinase DRAK2 in patient-derived chronic lymphocytic leukaemia samples and correlation with disease outcome
Development of a siRNA knockdown assay to assess the function of the death-associated kinase DRAK2 in a panel of B-cell lines
Expression analysis of the transcription factors BACH2 and BCL6 in patient-derived chronic lymphocytic leukaemia samples and correlation with disease outcome
Mutational analysis of primary leukaemia and lymphoma samples in different stages of disease
Development of amplicon-based Next Generation Sequencing approaches to identify subclonal TP53, NOTCH1, SF3B1 and BIRC3 mutations in chronic lymphocytic leukaemia
Development of Next Generation Sequencing and bioinformatics approaches to identify mutations in circulating tumour DNA isolated from patients with B-cell lymphomas
- Ciardullo C, Willmore E, Enshaei A, Zhou P, Rand V, Soundararajan M, Hall A, Harrison C, Eswaran J. BACH2 and BCL6 Cooperatively Fuction as Tumour Suppressors in CLL. In: 21st Congress of the European Hematology Association. 2016, Copenhagen, Denmark: Ferrata Storti Foundation.
- Rasi S, Khiabanian H, Ciardullo C, TerzidiBergamo L, Monti S, Spina V, Bruscaggin A, Cerri M, Deambrogi C, Martuscelli L, Biasi A, Spaccarotella E, DePaoli L, Gattei V, Foa' R, Rabadan R, Gaidano G, Rossi D. Clinical impact of small subclones harboring NOTCH1, SF3B1 or BIRC3 mutations in chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Haematologica 2016, 101, e135-e138.
- Ciardullo C, Zhou P, Willmore E, Harrison CJ, Hall A, Eswaran J, Soundararajan M. Impact of the apoptotic regulator DRAK2 in chronic lymphocytic leukemia. In: XXXVI World Congress of the International Society of Hematology. 2016, Glasgow: Wiley-Blackwell.
- Ciardullo C, Willmore E, Zhou P, Rand V, Harrison C, Hall A, Eswaran J, Soundararajan M. Impact of the apoptotic regulator DRAK2 in chronic lymphocytic leukemia. In: 21st Congress of the European Hematology Association. 2016, Copenhagen, Denmark: Fondazione Ferrata Storti.