Professor Vinidh Paleri
Hon Professor of Head & Neck Surgery
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 213 7630
My clinical practice is almost entirely devoted to benign and malignant diseases of the head and neck. I am one of the few surgeons in the United Kingdom with expertise in Transoral Robotic Surgery and Transoral Laser Microsurgery for head and neck cancers.
1. I chair the group that will set out the academic programme for the 12th international British Academic Conference in Otolaryngology, to be held in July 2018. This is the second largest meeting for the specialty in the world, usually attended by 1200 to 1500 delegates.
2. Since 2009, I have been an invited speaker at 42 meetings and at 19 international meetings (11 as plenary/keynote speaker).
3. I am an Associate Editor for Head and Neck, the top ranked journal in my field (IF=3.006), on the editorial board for the Annals of Otology, Rhinology & Laryngology (IF=1.054; ranked 26th in field) and Senior Reviews Editor for the Journal of Laryngology and Otology (IF=0.7; 34th in field), one of the oldest journals in the field (est. 1887). I also peer review for 4 other leading journals in the specialty.
4. As a panel member for the intervention procedures panel of the Health Technology and Assessment funding stream of the NIHR, and member of Head and Neck Clinical Studies Group, National Cancer Research Institute, I regularly peer review and grade research applications.
5. I serve in several national roles in the field of head and neck surgery
6. I have organised 4 national head and neck meetings, all of which have been highly rated within the multiprofessional groups involved in head and neck cancer management.
Engagement and leadership:
1. ENT Head and Neck Society (the head and neck group of the British Association of Otolaryngologists-Head and Neck Surgeons): Secretary, 2009 to date
2. Otorhinolaryngologic Research Society: Treasurer 2011 to 2013
3. NIHR Health Technology Assessment: Member of Interventional Procedures Panel. 2013 to date
4. National Institute for Health and Care Excellence: Invited member of Guidance Development Group for Head and Neck Cancer. 2013 to 2014
5. Member of Head and Neck Clinical Studies Group, National Cancer Research Institute (http://ncrndev.org.uk/). 2010 to date
6. British Association of Head and Neck Oncologists: Member of council. 2013 to date
7. National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence: Representative of the British Association of Otolaryngologists-Head and Neck Surgeons for Health Technology Appraisal
8. Royal College of Surgeons of England: Expert reviewer and Member of Interim Review panel. 2012 to date
9. Member of International Head and Neck scientific group (www.ihnsg.com)
My research portfolio is primarily comprised of clinical trials in head and neck cancer as this fits in with my clinical workload. I am the Chief Investigator for the TUBE randomised clinical trial (ISRCTN48569216) funded by the NIHR (£373K). I am the lead for the surgical arm of the recently funded CompARE trial (CRUK/13/026). I have developed strong links with other research groups within the University by commencing novel collaborative work (Institute of Human Genetics). The funding I secured to complete a pilot trial on voice outcomes has been highly cited, and helped design further trials (published in Head and Neck IF=3.06; 1st in field).
My research output is exemplified by 71 peer reviewed publications (all on head and neck oncology) since 2009. These include 20 original articles, 10 systematic reviews, 26 review articles, 6 consensus statements 3 editorials, 5 letters and 1 case report. About 80% are published in the journals with the highest impact factors in the specialty, including 4 in the British Medical Journal.
Following the expertise Newcastle has developed in Transoral Robotic Surgery, I am the only surgeon in the UK to offer training for this procedure at fellowship level.
I have conceived, organised and continue to run the "Newcastle Head and Neck Dissection Course" for 6 years with an international faculty and delegates. With excellent course feedback year on year, this template is now used to teach higher surgical trainees in the region. For 2 years, I have also conceived, developed and run the national head and neck course for advanced Head and Neck Interface Fellows (from 3 surgical specialties: Otolaryngology-Head and Neck, Oral & Maxillofacial and Plastic & Reconstructive) in the UK.
I am editor for the section on "Head and Neck Disease" for the forthcoming 8th edition of Scott-Brown's Otolaryngology, the leading multi-volume multi-author textbook in the specialty in the world. With over 70 chapter submissions from an international authorship group, editing is well underway. The book planned for publication in July 2015.
I co-edited the 4th edition of the national "Head and Neck Cancer: Multidisciplinary Management Guidelines" (Sept 2011). With 38 chapters written by 127 authors, it is endorsed by the British Association of Otorhinolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery, British Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons, British Association of Head and Neck Oncologists and British Association of Endocrine and Thyroid Surgeons. Also available in electronic format with enabled web links (https://entuk.org/professionals/publications), this will support the delivery of evidence based practice across the UK for the next 3-4 years. Work is underway with 90% of contributions for the 5th edition submitted.
Regular invitations as instructor at surgical courses in the UK and abroad (26 in the last 5 years) are testament to the quality of my teaching and this is supported by objective feedback scores. Since introducing the outpatient transnasal oesophagoscopy service to NUTH, I have one of the largest series in the country and I was invited to hold live demonstrations of this procedure over 3 days at an international meeting in 2012. I am currently working towards further outpatient assessment innovations in Newcastle namely narrow band imaging and an increasing spectrum of outpatient interventions including biopsy of the upper aerodigestive tract. As well as improving the timeliness and cost effectiveness of patient pathways, such developments offer increased opportunity for regular assessment and for example brush biopsy in patients with dysplasia and similar low-grade lesions.
I believe that writing high impact reviews play a very important educational role in helping busy clinicians stay up to date. Almost all my review papers have been written for some of the highest impact journals in my field. For instance, my paper on management of dry mouth (Clinical Otolaryngology IF=2.4; 2nd in field) was the 2nd most downloaded article (927 times) for 2010-11 and the full text of my paper on oral ulcer diagnosis in the BMJ (IF=14.1) was read over 3500 times in the first year of publication.
- Shellman Z, Aldhahrani A, Verdon B, Mather M, Paleri V, Wilson JA, Pearson J, Ward C, Powell J. Bile acids: a potential role in the pathogenesis of pharyngeal malignancy. Clinical Otolaryngology 2017, (Accepted manuscript online).
- Jarrom D, Paleri V, Kerawala C, Roques T, Bhide S, Newman L, Winter SC. Mucosal melanoma of the upper airways tract mucosal melanoma: A systematic review with meta-analyses of treatment. Head and Neck 2017, 39(4), 819-825.
- Goff D, Coward S, Fitzgerald A, Paleri V, Moor JW, Patterson JM. Swallowing outcomes for patients with oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma treated with primary (chemo)radiation therapy receiving either prophylactic gastrostomy or reactive nasogastric tube: A prospective cohort study. Clinical Otolaryngology 2017, (ePub ahead of Print).
- Prettyjohns M, Winter S, Kerawala C, Paleri V. Transoral laser microsurgery versus radiation therapy in the management of T1 and T2 laryngeal glottic carcinoma: which modality is cost-effective within the UK?. Clinical Otolaryngology 2017, 42(2), 404-415.
- Winter SC, Ofo E, Meikle D, Silva P, Fraser L, O'Hara J, Kim D, Robinson M, Paleri V. Trans-oral robotic assisted tongue base mucosectomy for investigation of cancer of unknown primary in the head and neck region. The UK experience. Clinical Otolaryngology 2017, Epub ahead of print.
- Paleri V, Kerawala C, Winter S, Robinson M, Jarrom D, Prettyjohns M. Upper aerodigestive tract cancer: summary of the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence guidelines for England and Wales. Clinical Otolaryngology 2017, 42(1), 3-10.
- Paleri V, Wood J, Patterson J, Stocken DD, Cole M, Vale L, Franks J, Guerrero-Urbano T, Donnelly R, Barclay S, Rapley T, Rousseau N. A feasibility study incorporating a pilot randomised controlled trial of oral feeding plus pre-treatment gastrostomy tube versus oral feeding plus as-needed nasogastric tube feeding in patients undergoing chemoradiation for head and neck cancer (TUBE trial): study protocol. Pilot and feasibility studies 2016, 2(29).
- Owen S, Puvanendran M, Meikle D, Bowe I, O'Hara J, Patterson J, Paleri V. Baseline swallowing measures predict recovery at 6 weeks after transoral robotic surgery for head and neck cancer. Clinical Otolaryngology 2016, (ePub ahead of Print).
- Mehanna H, Franklin N, Compton N, Robinson M, Powell N, Biswas-Baldwin N, Paleri V, Hartley A, Fresco L, Al-Booz H, Junor E, El-Hariry I, Roberts S, Harrington K, Ang KK, Dunn J, Woodman C. Geographic variation in human papillomavirus-related oropharyngeal cancer: Data from 4 multinational randomized trials. Head & Neck 2016, 38(S1), E1863-E1869.
- Cosway B, Drinnan M, Paleri V. Narrow Band Imaging for the Diagnosis of Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma: A Systematic Review. Head and Neck 2016, 38(S1), E2358–E2367.
- Zammit-Maempel I, Kurien R, Paleri V. Outcomes of synchronous pulmonary nodules detected on computed tomography in head and neck cancer patients: 12-year retrospective review of a consecutive cohort. Journal of Laryngology and Otology 2016, 130(6), 575-580.
- Hamilton DW, Bins JE, McMeekin P, Pedersen A, Steen IN, DeSoyza A, Thomson RT, Paleri V, Wilson JA. Quality compared to quantity of life in laryngeal cancer: A time trade-off study. Head and Neck 2016, 38(S1), E631-E637.
- Tikka T, Pracy P, Paleri V. Refining the head and neck cancer referral guidelines: A two centre analysis of 4715 referrals. British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 2016, 54(2), 141-150.
- Hamilton D, Paleri V. Role of transoral robotic surgery in current head & neck practice. Surgeon 2016, (ePub ahead of Print).
- Gungadeen A, Lisseter R, Manickavasagam J, Paleri V. Transoral robotic resection of a large schwannoma in the retropharyngeal space. Journal of Laryngology & Otology 2016, 130(4), 401-403.
- Cosway B, Paleri V, Wilson JA. Biomarkers predicting chemotherapy response in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma: A review. Journal of Laryngology and Otology 2015, 129(11), 1046-1052.
- Khan K, Patterson J, Owen S, Rees S, Gamborini G, Paleri V. Comparing the Performance Status Scale and MD Anderson Dysphagia Inventory as swallowing outcome measures in head and neck cancer: a prospective cohort study. Clinical Otolaryngology 2015, 40(4), 321-326.
- Bradley PT, Brown T, Paleri V. Gastrostomy in head and neck cancer: current literature, controversies and research. Current Opinion in Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery 2015, 23(2), 162-170.
- Caley A, Evans M, Powell N, Paleri V, Tomkinson A, Urbano TG, Jay A, Robinson M, Thavaraj S. Multicentric human papillomavirus-associated head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Head & Neck 2015, 37(2), 202-208.
- Strojan P, Corry J, Eisbruch A, Vermorken JB, Mendenhall WM, Lee AWM, Haigentz M, Beitler JJ, de Bree R, Takes RP, Paleri V, Kelly CG, Genden EM, Bradford CR, Harrison LB, Rinaldo A, Ferlito A. Recurrent and second primary squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck: When and how to reirradiate. Head & Neck 2015, 37(1), 134-150.
- Blanchford H, Hamilton D, Bowe I, Welch S, Kumar R, Moor JW, Welch AR, Paleri V. Factors affecting duration of gastrostomy tube retention in survivors following treatment for head and neck cancer. Journal of Laryngology & Otology 2014, 128(3), 263-267.
- Cosway B, Easby M, Covington S, Bowe I, Paleri V. Hand-grip strength does not correlate with treatment related weight loss in patients with head and neck cancer. Journal of Laryngology and Otology 2014, 129(07), 706-709.
- Tadiparthi S, Enache A, Kalidindi K, O'Hara J, Paleri V. Hospital stay following complex major head and neck resection: what factors play a role?. Clinical Otolaryngology 2014, 39(3), 156-163.
- Cosway B, Paleri V. Laryngeal Dysplasia: An Evidence Based Flowchart to Guide Management and Follow Up. Journal of Laryngology and Otology 2014, 129(06), 598-599.
- O'Hara J, Simo R, McQueen A, Andi K, Lester S, Giddings C, Repanos C, Moor J, Kelly C, Jennings C, Wilson J, Paleri V. Management of metastatic neck disease--summary of the 11th Evidence Based Management Day. Clinical Otolaryngology 2014, 39(1), 3-5.
- Thavaraj S, Stokes A, Mazuno K, Henley-Smith R, Suh YE, Paleri V, Tavassoli M, Odell E, Robinson M. Patients with HPV-related tonsil squamous cell carcinoma rarely harbour oncogenic HPV infection at other pharyngeal sites. Oral Oncology 2014, 50(4), 241-246.
- Puvanendran M, Paleri V, Wilson J. Re: 12-minute consultation: an evidence-based approach to the management of dysphagia. Clinical Otolaryngology 2014, 39(1), 67-68.
- Powell J, Ullal U, Ahmed O, Ragbir M, Paleri V. Tissue transfer to post chemoradiation salvage laryngectomy defects to prevent pharyngocutaneous fistula: single-centre experience. Journal of Laryngology & Otology 2014, 128(4), 365-367.
- Powell J, Ullal UR, Ahmed O, Ragbir M, Paleri V. Tissue transfer to post-chemoradiation salvage laryngectomy defects to prevent pharyngocutaneous fistula: single-centre experience. Journal of Laryngology & Otology 2014, 128(4), 365-367.
- Abou-Nader L, Wilson JA, Paleri V. Transnasal oesophagoscopy: diagnostic andmanagement outcomes in a prospective cohort of 257 consecutive cases and practice implications. Clinical Otolaryngology 2014, 39(2), 108-113.
- Robinson M, Suh YE, Paleri V, Devlin D, Ayaz B, Pertl L, Thavaraj S. Oncogenic human papillomavirus-associated nasopharyngeal carcinoma: an observational study of correlation with ethnicity, histological subtype and outcome in a UK population. Infectious Agents and Cancer 2013, 8(1), 30.
- Mehanna H, McQueen A, Robinson M, Paleri V. Salivary gland swellings. Clinical Otolaryngology 2013, 38(1), 58-65.
- Green R, Rahman KMA, Owen S, Paleri V, Adams J, Ahmed OA, Ragbir M. The superficial circumflex iliac artery perforator flap in intra-oral reconstruction. Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery 2013, 66(12), 1683-1687.
- Kumar R, Drinnan M, Robinson M, Meikle D, Stafford F, Welch A, Zammit-Maempel I, Paleri V. Thyroid gland invasion in total laryngectomy and total laryngopharyngectomy: a systematic review and meta-analysis of the English literature. Clinical Otolaryngology 2013, 38, 372-378.
- Kumar R, Drinnan M, Mehanna H, Paleri V. Efficacy of the two week wait referral system for head and neck cancer: A systematic review. The Annals of The Royal College of Surgeons of England 2012, 94(3), 101-105.
- Stone SJ, Paleri V, Staines KS. Internal carotid artery aneurysm presenting as dental and orofacial pain. Journal of Laryngology and Otology 2012, 126(8), 851-853.
- Thomas L, Drinnan M, Basavaiah N, Mehanna H, Jones T, Paleri V. Open conservation partial laryngectomy for laryngeal cancer: A Systematic review of English language literature. Cancer Treatment Reviews 2012, 38(3), 203-211.
- Mehanna H, McQueen A, Robinson M, Paleri V. Salivary gland swellings. British Medical Journal 2012, 345, e6794.
- Paleri V, Carding P, Chatterjee S, Kelly C, Wilson JA, Welch A, Drinnan M. Voice outcomes after concurrent chemoradiotherapy for advanced nonlaryngeal head and neck cancer: A prospective study. Head and Neck 2012, 34(12), 1747-1752.
- Powell J, El Dean H, Carrie S, Wilson JA, Paleri V. Achieving consensus in follow-up practice for routine ENT procedures: a Delphi exercise. Clinical Otolaryngology 2011, 36(1), 45-50.
- Holland JP, Waugh L, Horgan A, Paleri V, Deehan DJ. Cadaveric Hands-on Training for Surgical Specialties: Is This Back to the Future for Surgical Skills Development?. Journal of Surgical Education 2011, 68(2), 110-116.
- Powell J, Cooles FAH, Carrie S, Paleri V. Is undergraduate medical education working for ENT surgery? A survey of UK medical school graduates. Journal of Laryngology and Otology 2011, 125(9), 896-905.
- Paleri V, Thomas L, Basavaiah N, Drinnan M, Mehanna H, Jones T. Oncological outcomes of open conservation laryngectomy for radiorecurrent laryngeal carcinoma: A systematic review and meta-analysis of English language literature. Cancer 2011, 117(12), 2668-2676.
- Oozeer NB, Corsar K, Glore RJ, Penney S, Patterson J, Paleri V. The impact of enteral feeding route on patient-reported long term swallowing outcome after chemoradiation for head and neck cancer. Oral Oncology 2011, 47(10), 980-983.
- Paleri V, Wight R, Silver C, Haigentz M, Takes R, Bradley P, Rinaldo A, Sanabria A, Bień S, Ferlito A. Comorbidity in head and neck cancer: A critical appraisal and recommendations for practice. Oral Oncology 2010, 46(10), 712-719.
- Paleri V, Staines K, Sloan P, Douglas A, Wilson J. Evaluation of oral ulceration in primary care. British Medical Journal 2010, 340, c2639.
- Oozeer NB, Owen S, Perez BZ, Jones G, Welch AR, Paleri V. Functional status after total laryngectomy: cross-sectional survey of 79 laryngectomees using the Performance Status Scale for Head and Neck Cancer. Journal of Laryngology and Otology 2010, 124(4), 412-416.
- Mehanna H, Paleri V, West C, Nutting C. Head and neck cancer - Part 1: Epidemiology, presentation, and prevention. BMJ 2010, 341(7774), 663-666.
- Mehanna H, West C, Nutting C, Paleri V. Head and neck cancer - Part 2: Treatment and prognostic factors. BMJ 2010, 341(7775), 721-725.
- Moor JW, Patterson J, Kelly C, Paleri V. Prophylactic Gastrostomy before Chemoradiation in Advanced Head and Neck Cancer: a Multiprofessional Web-based Survey to Identify Current Practice and to Analyse Decision Making. Clinical Oncology 2010, 22(3), 192-198.
- McLarnon C, Kulloo P, Mehanna H, Kelly C, Paleri V. Quality-of-life considerations in treatment of unresectable, recurrent head and neck cancer. Expert Review of Anticancer Therapy 2010, 10(3), 345-352.
- Paleri V, Patterson J. Use of gastrostomy in head and neck cancer: a systematic review to identify areas for future research. Clinical Otolaryngology 2010, 35(3), 177-189.
- Glore R, Spiteri-Staines K, Paleri V. A patient with dry mouth. Clinical Otolaryngology 2009, 34(4), 358-363.
- Bradley P, MacKenzie K, Wight R, Pracy P, Paleri V. Consensus statement on management in the UK: Transoral laser assisted microsurgical resection of early glottic cancer. Clinical Otolaryngology 2009, 34(4), 367-373.
- Winter SC, Stephenson SA, Subramaniam SK, Paleri V, Ha K, Marnane C, Krishnan S, Rees G. Long term survival following the detection of circulating tumour cells in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. BMC Cancer 2009, 9, 424.
- Paleri V, MacKenzie K, Wight R, Mehanna H, Pracy P, Bradley P. Management of laryngeal dysplasia in the United Kingdom: A web-based questionnaire survey of current practice. Clinical Otolaryngology 2009, 34(4), 385-389.
- O'Hara J, Lock C, Paleri V, Wight R. Oral feeding regimes following laryngectomy - A qualitative study of consultants' opinions in the North of England. Oral Oncology 2008, 45(8), 727-730.
- Paleri V, Robinson M, Bradley P. Polymorphous low-grade adenocarcinoma of the head and neck. Current Opinion in Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery 2008, 16(2), 163-169.
- Paleri V, Kelly CG. Re-irradiation with concurrent chemotherapy in recurrent head and neck cancer: A decision analysis model based on a systematic review. Clinical Otolaryngology 2008, 33(4), 331-337.
- Mckie C, Ahmad UA, Fellows S, Meikle D, Stafford FW, Thomson PJ, Welch AR, Paleri V. The 2-week rule for suspected head and neck cancer in the United Kingdom: Referral patterns., diagnostic efficacy of the guidelines and compliance. Oral Oncology 2008, 44(9), 851-856.
- Oozeer NB, Benbow J, Downs C, Kelly C, Welch A, Paleri V. The effect of comorbidity on quality of life during radiotherapy in head and neck cancer. Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery 2008, 139(2), 268-272.
- Ramakrishnan Y, Paleri V, Shah R, Steen IN, Wight RG, Kelly CG. Comorbidity in nasopharyngeal carcinoma: a preliminary communication on the prevalence, descriptive distribution and impact on outcome. Clinical Otolaryngology 2007, 32(6), 484-488.
- Ramakrishnan Y, Paleri V, Shah R, Steen IN, Wight RG, Kelly CG. Comorbidity in nasopharyngeal carcinoma: A preliminary communication on the prevalence, descriptive distribution and impact on outcome. Clinical Otolaryngology 2007, 32(6), 484-488.
- Kelly C, Paleri V, Downs C, Shah R. Deterioration in quality of life and depressive symptoms during radiation therapy for head and neck cancer. Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery 2007, 136(1), 108-111.
- Doshi J, Anari S, Zammit-Maempel I, Paleri V. Grisel syndrome: a delayed presentation in an asymptomatic patient. In: 42nd South African ENT Congress/British Association of Otolaryngologists Head and Neck Surgeons. 2007, Cape Town, South Africa: Journal of Laryngology and Otology, Cambridge University Press.
- Paleri V, Najim O, Meikle D, Wilson JA. Microlaryngoscopic repair of iatrogenic pharyngeal pouch perforations: Treatment of choice?. Head & Neck: journal for the sciences and specialities of the head and neck 2007, 29(2), 189-192.
- Paleri V, Najim O, Meikle D, Wilson JA. Microscopic repair of iatrogenic pharyngeal pouch perforations: treatment of choice. Head and Neck 2007, 29(2), 189-192.
- Paleri V, Wight RG, Owen S, Hurren A, Stafford FW. Defining the stenotic post-laryngectomy tracheostoma and its impact on the quality of life in laryngectomees: development and validation of a stoma function questionnaire. Clinical Otolaryngology 2006, 31(5), 418-424.
- Paleri V, Stafford FW, Sammut MS. Laser debulking in malignant upper airway obstruction. Head & Neck 2005, 27(4), 296-301.
- Paleri V, Nelson L, Rees G, Krishnan S. Novel techniques to guide the neodymium-doped yttrium aluminum garnet laser fiber for laser surgery of upper aerodigestive tract squamous cell carcinoma. Laryngoscope 2005, 115(5), 912-914.
- Paleri V, Rees G, Arullendran P, Shoalb T, Krishman S. Sentinel node biopsy in squamous cell cancer of the oral cavity and oral pharynx: A diagnostic meta-analysis. In: Head & Neck: Summer Meeting of the British Association of Plastic Surgeons. 2005, London, UK: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Paleri V, Narayan R, Wight RG. Descriptive study of the type and severity of decompensation caused by comorbidity in a population of patients with laryngeal squamous cancer. Journal of Laryngology and Otology 2004, 118(7), 517-521.
- Paleri V, Pearson JP, Bulmer D, Jeannon JP, Wight RG, Wilson JA. Expression of much gene products in laryngeal squamous cancer. Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery 2004, 131(1), 84-88.
- Paleri V, Orvidas LJ, Wight RG, Bradley PJ. Verrucous carcinoma of the paranasal sinuses: Case report and clinical update. Head & Neck: journal for the sciences and specialities of the head and neck 2004, 26(2), 184-189.
- Paleri V, Wight RG, Davies GR. Impact of comorbidity on the outcome of laryngeal squamous cancer. Head & Neck 2003, 25(12), 1019-1026.
- Paleri V, Wight RG. A cross-comparison of retrospective notes extraction and combined notes extraction and patient interview in the completion of a comorbidity index (ACE-27) in a cohort of United Kingdom patients with head and neck cancer. Journal of Laryngology and Otology 2002, 116(11), 937-941.
- Paleri V, Wight RG. Applicability of the adult comorbidity evaluation-27 and the Charlson indexes to assess comorbidity by notes extraction in a cohort of United Kingdom patients with head and neck cancer: a retrospective study. Journal of Laryngology and Otology 2002, 116(3), 200-205.
- Paleri V, Robson AK. Impact of surgical approaches and antimetabolite use on the outcome of dacryocystorhinostomy for lacrimal obstruction: a meta analysis. Annals of the Royal College of Surgeons of England 2002, 84(5), 362-362.
- Paleri V, Maroju RS, Ali MS, Ruckley RW. Spontaneous retro- and parapharyngeal haematoma caused by intrathyroid bleed. Journal of Laryngology and Otology 2002, 116(10), 854-858.
- Paleri V, Pulimood A, Davies GR, Birchall MA. Interleukins 7 and 12 are expressed in head and neck squamous cancer. Clinical Otolaryngology 2001, 26(4), 302-306.
- Paleri V, Gopalakrishnan S. Jugular phlebectasia: theory of pathogenesis and review of literature. International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology 2001, 57(2), 155-159.
- Paleri V, Stafford FW, Leontsinis TG, Hildreth AJ. Quality of life in laryngectomees: a post-treatment comparison of laryngectomy alone versus combined therapy. Journal of Laryngology and Otology 2001, 115(6), 450-454.
- Paleri V, Lindsey L. Oral ulcers caused by hydroxyurea. Journal of Laryngology and Otology 2000, 114(12), 976-977.