Benefits and services on offer
Offering exclusive benefits and services for our students and graduates, enabling personal and professional development, is our first priority in the global alumni programme.
You can see the range of benefits we offer below. Categorised into easy to use sections: Networking; Careers Services; CPD / Lifelong Learning; Business School / University facilities and services; and Request a transcript - Just follow the links to take advantage of these valuable resources.
If you would like to give us any feedback about the benefits and services you feel we should offer, please email: email@example.com
- Alumni Branches - Get involved in your nearest geographical branch and attend their events, an excellent way to network with other Business School and University alumni.
- Social Media channels: Facebook / LinkedIn - We have a variety of social media groups that you can join. The links here take you to our top level alumni communities, but if you check our our subgroups, others may also be of interest to you.
- NUGrad - If you want to build your network within the wider University alumni community, you can use the Alumni Associations NUGrad - online directory.
- Graduate Connections - An online networking tool, which allows you to get in touch directly with graduates working in a diverse range of careers and organisations. Brought to you by the University's Careers Service.
- Award winning Careers Service - Whatever your ambitions, values, degree subject or stage, the award-winning Careers Service exists to help you make the most of your unique skills and experiences. Whether you are seeking a graduate career, going on to further study or starting your own business, we offer a range of support to help you realise your potential while you are studying and for up to three years after you have graduated.
- Business School Senior Careers Advisor - We have a dedicated Careers Advisor here in the Business School who can help provide support for your career goals. You can contact us to discuss your requirements.
Other useful careers resources:
- QS Top MBA - the leading online careers service for MBA and other alumni. Access an international network of recruiting companies targeting MBAs and Masters' talent.
- Going Global - Going Global provides country specific career and employment information, including worldwide internship and job postings, H1B employer listings, corporate profiles and career resources for 30 countries.
- Business Because - Connect with business students and MBA recruiters around the world; Daily business school news; Research business schools and MBA Jobs all in one place.
- Career Gym - offering free and premium psychometric tests and aptitude exam preparation with 24 hour email support, a state-of-the-art test interface, free advice, e-books, weekly tips and more than 2500+ verbal, numerical and abstract reasoning tests, available anywhere in the world.
- GradDiary.com - Provides information on graduate schemes for graduate jobs and internships for top graduate careers.
- Exec appointments - Search for your next job from the live vacancy database, or upload your CV now and let employers find you.
- Library Access - Graduates of Newcastle University (and Kings College Durham) have free reference access (Information Desk services, photocopying, bindery services and use of Special Collections) to all three libraries.
If you require borrowing facilities, the annual (discounted) rate is £20. This allows borrowing in all 3 libraries. To obtain the smartcard you will need for either of these options, enquire at the Service Desk, where staff will be able to check your entry on the alumni database.
- Discount on further study at Newcastle University - Newcastle University is delighted to offer a 20% reduction in postgraduate tuition fees for all alumni.
- MBA and Global MBA programmes- The Newcastle University's MBA & the new Global MBA deliver excellent and innovative learning opportunities for professionals wishing to develop their leadership and critical thinking skills.
- North Leadership Centre -
Newcastle University's North Leadership Centre is offering a 25% discount on its NLC Team Leaders programme to Newcastle University alumni.
- Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM) - Fellowship - Discounts on membership.
- Economist subscription discounts - 75% off for Alumni.
Hire our Business School facilities - Need a meeting room or events/conference space with state of the art AV capabilities? Free for all Business School alumni, we can let you use your Business School facility here in Newcastle. Terms and conditions apply. Email us to discuss your requirements today.
- Email forwarding service - Don't want to lose your @ncl.ac.uk address? We offer an email forwarding service to redirect any incoming emails to your @ncl.ac.uk address to another personal mailbox of your choice.
- Alumni Matters - This dedicated Business School alumni newsletter is delivered directly to your inbox as a graduate of the school, three times a year. If you have graduated, but are not receiving Alumni Matters, tell us here >
- Reach - Showcasing the Business School's research achievements, Reach is available in both hard and soft copy formats.
- NU Advancement Alumni Benefits and Services - for regularly updated University wide benefits and services, including exclusive alumni offers for the Centre for Physical Recreation and Sport, University Libraries and The Language Resource Centre, visit the Alumni website.
- If you need to order a copy of your transcript or degree certificate please follow the relevant links here.
- If you have any issues regarding your transcripts or need help ordering, please contact Student Services.