Professor John Wilson
Director of School
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 1607
- Address: Director
Newcastle University Business School
5 Barrack Road
Newcastle upon Tyne
- PerezArrau G, Eades E, Wilson JF. Managing human resources in the Latin American context: the case of Chile.
International Journal of Human Resource Management 2012, 23(15), 3133-3150.
- Larson MJ, Ward K, Wilson JF. Banking from Leeds, not London: regional strategy and structure at the Yorkshire Bank, 1859-1952.
Accounting, Business & Financial History 2010, 20(2), 117-133.
- Toms S, Wilson JF. In defence of business history: A reply to Taylor, Bell and Cooke.
Management & Organisational History 2010, 5(1), 109-120.
- Brech E, Thomson A, Wilson JF. Lyndall Urwick. Management Pioneer: A Biography.
OUP Oxford, 2010.
- Wilson JF, Hewitt J, Thomas P. The discursive construction of professionalisation in British management.
International Journal of Critical Accounting 2010, 2(3), 319-336.
- Wilson J, Locke RR, Amdam RP, Puig N, Nishizawa T. Roundtable on Business Education.
Business History Review 2008, 82(2), 329-358.
- Rowlinson M, Toms S, Wilson J. Competing perspectives on the 'Managerial Revolution': From 'Managerialist' to 'Anti-Managerialist'.
Business History 2007, 49(4), 464-482.
- Popp A, Wilson J. Life cycles, contingency, and agency: growth, development, and change in English industrial districts and clusters.
Environment and Planning A 2007, 39(12), 2975-2992.
- Toms S, Wilson J. Scale, scope and accountability: A response to Lloyd-Jones and Lewis.
Business History 2007, 49(1), 106-111.
- Wilson J, Popp A. Business networking in the industrial revolution: some comments.
Economic History Review 2003, 56(2), 355-361.
- Toms S, Wilson J. Scale, scope and accountability: towards a new paradigm of British business history.
Business History 2003, 45(4), 1-23.
- Tilba A, Wilson JF. Disengagement and Investment Short-Termism: A Contextual Study of UK Pension Funds.
In: Corporate Governance, Shareholder Types and Ownership Forms Conference. 2014, Cardiff Business School, Cardiff, UK.
- Whittle A, Wilson J. Ethnomethodology and the production of history: Studying ‘history-in-action’.
Business History 2014. In Press.
- Smith S, Stokes P, Wilson JF. Exploring the impact of Investors in People: A focus on training and development, job satisfaction, and awareness of the Standard.
Employee Relations 2014, 36(3), 266-279.
- Wilson J, Schnyder G, Tilba A. The Great Divide? Bank-industry relationships and corporate networks in Britain, 1904-2003.
In: Association of Business Historians 22nd Annual Conference. 2014, Newcastle, UK.
- Wilson J, Webster A, Vorberg-Rugh R. The Co-operative movement in Britain: From crisis to "Renaissance", 1950-2010.
Enterprise and Society 2013, (epub ahead of print).
- Larson MJ, Schnyder G, Westerhuis G, Wilson J. Strategic responses to global challenges: The case of European banking, 1973–2000.
Business History 2011, 53(1), 40-62.