Dr Amgad Botros
Associate Professor (Medicine)
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +607 5553922
- Address: Newcastle University Medicine Malaysia (NUMed)
No 1, Jalan Sarjana 1,
Kota Ilmu EduCity@Iskandar
79200 Iskander Puteri (Formerly Nusajaya)
EMPLOYMENT AND TRAINING :
Currently I'm working as an Associate Professor (Medicine) at Newcastle University Medicine Malaysia (NUMed), in addition to my clinical service as a Consultant Physician .
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATION:
- MB BCh (Hons) Egypt.
- MRCP (UK) .
- MRCPS(Glasg) .
- FRCP(Glasg) .
- GCHE( Monash University ) .
- FHEA (UK)
DISTINCTION & AWARDS:
- Gazetted as a Pakar Perubatan (Specialized Physician) in the Ministry of Health, Malaysia.
- GCP certificate ,Malaysia
- MONASH postgraduate supervisor accreditation programme.
- Pro-Vice Councillor’s (PVC) Award for Excellence in Teaching from MONASH University
- Pro-Vice Councillor’s (PVC) Award for Excellence in Academic service from MONASH University.
- Foundation In Teaching (F.I.T) From MONASH University
- Graduate Certificate in Higher Education (GCHE).
MEMBERSHIP AND REGISTRATION :
- Egyptian Medical Syndicate: Registered as a Consultant of Internal Medicine.
- Egyptian Medical Syndicate: Registered as a Physician.
- Malaysian National Specialist Registrar.
- Malaysian Medical Council: Full Registration.
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow .
- Royal Colleges of Physicians of the United Kingdom .
- Malaysian Medical Association.
- Higher Education Academy (UK): Fellow.
- Teaching Year 3 , 4 & 5 MBBS program.
- Examiner throughout the curriculum.
- Training for the post graduate degrees e.g. MRCP(UK)
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS;
* Co Reseacher in Apixaban dosing to optimize protection from Thrombosis (ADOPT) study.
* “Good’s Syndrome (thymoma with immunodeficiency): An unusual clinical presentation of bulbar symptoms and peripheral neuropathy” at the Scottish Journal of Arts, Social Sciences and Scientific Studies - ISSN 2047-1278 VOLUME 4, ISSUE I SEPTEMBER, 2012 http://scottishjournal.co.uk.
* Chronic neuronopathic type of Gaucher’s disease with progressive myoclonic epilepsy in the absenc of visceromegaly and bone involvement: a case report ,Nevein PB, Amgad AR, Viswanathan S, Rusli BN, Lock HN, Scott Med J March 26, 2014 0036933014529868
* Socio-Demography and Medical History as Predictors of Health-Related Quality of Life of Breast Cancer Survivors. :Ramadan A, Qureshi AM, Dominic NA, Botross NP, Riad A, Arasoo VJT, & Elangovan S (2015).Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention. 16 (4), 1479-1485
* Elangovan S, Ramadas A, Dominic NA, Botross NP, Arasoo VJT, Riad A & Qureshi AM (2015). Impact of Psychosocial Risk Factors in Health-related Quality of Life: A Pilot Study among Breast Cancer Survivors in Johor Bahru, Malaysia. Indian Journal of Psychiatry. 15 (Suppl): S12
* Paper titled ” Psychsocial factors and quality if life of breast cancer survivers” in the “Dubai International Conference in Higher Education 2015”.
* Ongoinig research about HRQOL in Breast Cancer survivors .* Ongoing research about The "Prevalence of Complications in Dengue Virus Infection and Predictors of Severe Dengue With Severe Organ Involvements Among Adults In A Tertiary Center In Malaysia"