Dr Aruchamy Ramalingam
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +607 555 3875
- Fax: +607 555 8888
- Address: Newcastle University Medicine Malaysia (NUMed Malaysia)
No. 1 Jalan Sarjana 1
79200 Iskandar Puteri (formerly Nusajaya)
Dr . ARUCHAMY RAMALINGAM, M.B.,B.S, D.ortho, M.S (Ortho). FISS, CMIA
Bachelor of medicine and bachelor of surgery (M.B.B.S) at Stanley Medical College, Madras university, Chennai, India 1983 – 1989
Special trainee in the Department of Orthopaedics at Government Stanley Medical College, Chennai from April 1990 to June 1990
Special Trainee in Plastic Surgery. Department of Plastic Surgery and Institute for Research and Rehabilitation for Hand, Govt. Stanley Medical College & Hospital, Chennai, India. August 1990 to October 1990
Diploma in Orthopedics (D. Ortho) Madras Medical College, Madras University, Chennai, India Year- 1991-1992
Masters in Orthopedic Surgery (M.S. Ortho) Government Kilpauk Medical College & Hospital, The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R Medical University, Chennai, India. Year- 1994- 1997.
Fellowship in Spine Surgery (FISS). Department of Orthoapedics and Spine center Tokyo Women’s Medical University, Tokyo, Japan. April 2009 – May 2009.
Clinical and Research Fellow (Part-time) (PhD in Orthopaedics) Department of Orthopedics and Spine center, Tokyo Women’s Medical University, Tokyo, Japan. from February 2012- till date. Due to graduate with PhD (Orthopaedics)
Certified Medical Impairment Assessor (CMIA) NIOSH, Malaysia
Assistant Surgeon. Department of Health and Family welfare, Government of TamilNadu, Tamilnadu, India
Assistant Professor (Civil Assistant surgeon), Department of Orthopedics, Government Kilpauk Medical College @ Government Royapettah Hospital. August 1997 – February 2004
Consultant (Grade U-53) & Head, Department of Orthopedics & Traumatology, Hospital Bintulu: Under the Ministry of Health, Malaysia. March 2004 – Sep 2015.
Associate Professor, Newcastle University of Medicine, Malaysia. February 2016 till date.
Sub specialty training in Knee Arthroplasty, Department of Orthopedics, Sarawak General Hospital, Kuching, Malaysia. September 2012 to October 2012.
Fellowship training in Spine Surgery, Department of Orthopedics and Spine center Tokyo Women’s Medical University, Tokyo, Japan. August 2012-October 2012.
Field of Interest: - Ilizarov, Arthroplasty & Trauma
Awarded with “Miss JANAKI NATARAJAN GOLD MEDAL” for the proficiency in Orthopedics, by the Government Madras Medical College, for the year 1992 – 1993.
Awarded with the Prestigious“ANAK SARAWAK APPRECIATION AWARD” for the year 2007, and was a Convention Ambassador for the state of Sarawak, Malaysia from November 2007 to October 2008.
Outstanding service award (Cemerlang Award) from Ministry of Health Malaysia, Year 2012.
1. Management of pelvic fractures using Ilizarov method. Ramalingam A1, Prem S2, Vasanthapriya S1 et. al. Govt Bintulu Hospital, Malaysia and 2Govt kilpauk medical college, India. Research paper presented at the ASAMI 2007 congress, Kyoto, Japan and published in the conference proceedings. Also accepted for presentation at the IOMC- International online medical conference
2. Management of distal tibial bone tumor by resection and bone transport with fusion of ankle joint.
Ramalingam A1, Prem S2, Vasanthapriya S1 et. al. 1Govt Bintulu Hospital, Malaysia and 2Govt kilpauk medical college, India. Research paper presented as a poster at the ASAMI 2006 congress, Kyoto, Japan.
3. Management of Tibial Plateau fractures by open surgical method and conservative method: A comparison of results. Ramalingam A. Department of Orthopedics, Government Kilpauk Medical College, Chennai, India. Research paper presented at the IOACON (Indian Orthopedic Association Conference- 1996, Calcutta, India
4. Ilizarov for pelvic fractures. Ramalingam A1, Prem S2, Vasanthapriya S1 et. al. 1Govt Bintulu Hospital, Malaysia and 2Govt kilpauk medical college, India. Presented at the second world congress on external fixators at Cairo, Egypt October 2009, and published in the conference proceedings.
5. Conducted a case study on the incidence of orthopedic trauma due to “injuries related to logging and its prevention” at Hospital Bintulu, Malaysia.
6. Conducted a case study on the “Effectiveness of trochanteric osteotomy for avascular necrosis of femoral head” at Hospital Bintulu, Malaysia.
7. Conducted a case study on Unreported orthopedic injuries at Hospital Bintulu, Malaysia.
8. Modification of plaster application at Tokyo Women's Medical University Tokyo Japan
9. Modification of implants for knee replacement - ( on going)
10. Intramedullary bone lengthening by modified device ( On Going )
Have been teaching clinical Orthopaedics and theory classes for both Undergraduate Students, Postgraduate students and paramedics since 1997 . Have acted as both internal and external examiner for clinical orthopaedic examinations. Currently I am teaching Numed students at Hospital Sultan Ismail and Batu Pahat Hospitals.