Dr Htar Htar Aung
Clinical Associate Professor (Surgery)
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 0060 7 555 3929
- Address: Newcastle University Medicine Malaysia
No. 1, Jalan Sarjana 1,
Kota Ilmu, Educity@Iskandar
79200 Iskandar Puteri
I joined the Newcastle University Medicine Malaysia in January 2016 and my current role is as clinical associate professor (Surgery) contributing in teaching and assessment as well as in personal tutoring to support the students’ personal and general academic development.
MBBS, University of Medicine 2, Yangon, Myanmar
MMedSc (Surgery), University of Medicine 2, Yangon, Myanmar
FRCS Ed, Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, UK
FRCS Glasg, Royal College of Physians and Surgeons of Glasgow, UK
GCHE, Monash University, Malaysia
Senior Lecturer (Surgery), Clinical School Johor Bahru, Monash University, Malaysia (2010-2015)
Assistant Professor (Surgery), Melaka- Manipal Medical College, Melaka, Malaysia (2008-2010)
Consultant (Plastic & Reconstructive surgery and Burn Unit), Yangon General Hospital, Myanmar (2004-2008)
Specialist Registrar (Plastic & Reconstructive surgery and Burn Unit), Yangon General Hospital, Myanmar (2001-2004)
Specialist Registrar (General Surgery) Yangon General Hospital (1996-2001)
My responsibility regarding with teaching and learning in the Newcastle University Medicine Malaysia includes:
Hospital Based Practice
Foundations of Clinical Practice
Marking and assessing course work and examinations
Providing timely and effective feedback to students.
My research interests are related to plastic and reconstructive surgery, microsurgery and medical education.
Presentations and Published Articles/Abstracts
Clinical Study of Carcinoma Stomach in Myanmar. Aung HH & Oo T. 11th Surgeons’ Conference, Myanmar Medical Association, Yangon.1996
Progress of Plastic & reconstructive surgery in Myanmar. Aung HH. Annual Rotary club meetings. Brisbane & Melbourne, Australia. 2003.
Inability to open the mouth: Case Series. Lwin KM, Naing KS & Aung HH. Yangon General Hospital (YGH) CME Chronicle. 2004.
Malignant Melanoma: Case Series. Lwin KM & Aung HH. YGH CME Chronicle. 2005.
Foreign body in Face: Case report. Naing W, Lwin KM & Aung HH. YGH CME Chronicle. 2006.
Nasal reconstruction by forehead flap: Case Series and literature review.Lwin KM & Aung HH. YGH CME Chronicle. 2007.
Reconstruction of cheek defect by radial forearm free flap: Case report. Aung HH, Htun W & Lwin KM. YGH CME Chronicle. 2007.
Learning outcomes for under graduate students in Surgery: Melaka Manipal Medical College Learning Outcomes Handbook. Sen PK, Aung HH & Maw M. Melaka Manipal Medical College. 2009; 142-227.
Marjolin’s ulcer- A miserable fate of chronic wounds. Mun YC & Aung HH. Poster presentation.1st Johor Research Day Conference. Johor Bahru. Malaysia. October 2012.
A Pilot study on “Online module on acute medicine for Monash MBBS year 5 students”. Atan R , Aung HH, Yunos NAM. Graduate Certificate in Higher Education Seminar. Monash University Malaysia. 2013.
Epidemiology of Paediatric Burns under twelve presenting to Sultanah Aminah Hospital. Suthesh S, Tan V, Aung HH & Mun YC. Poster presentation. CSJB Research Week, Monash University Malaysia. August 2015.
Selected predictors of interest in cosmetic surgery among young Malaysian Adults. Liew JK, Lim WT, Ramadas A & Aung HH. Poster presentation. CSJB Research Week, Monash University Malaysia. August 2015
Behavioural factors associated with BMI status among young Malaysian women with inclination towards cosmetic surgery. Ramadas A, Liew JK, Lim WT and Aung HH. Poster presentation.MASO 2015 Scientific Conference on Obesity (28 - 29 Oct 2015) Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Aung HH, Oo T. Clinical Study of Carcinoma Stomach in Myanmar. Myanmar Surgerons' Conference Journal 1996, 11.
- Lwin KM, Naing KS, Aung HH. Inability to open the mouth. Yangon, Myanmar: Yangon General Hospital, 2004. CME Chronicle.
- Lwin KM, Aung HH. Malignant Melanoma. Yangon, Myanmar: Yangon General Hospital, 2005. CME Chronicle.
- Naing W, Lwin KM, Aung HH. Foreign body in Face. Yangon, Myanmar: Yangon General Hospital, 2006. CME Chronicle.
- Lwin KM, Aung HH. Nasal reconstruction by forehead flap. Yangon, Myanmar: Yangon General Hispital, 2007. CME Chronicle.
- Aung HH, Htun W, Lwin KM. Reconstruction of cheek defect by radial forearm free flap. Yangon, Myanmar: Yangon General Hospital, 2007. CME Chronicle.
- Sen PK, Aung HH, Myat MM. Learning outcomes for undergraduate students in surgery. In: Melaka Manipal Medical College Learning Outcomes Handbook. Melaka Manipal Medical College, 2009, pp.142-227.
- Mun YC, Aung HH. Marjolin's ulcer- A miserable fate of chronic wounds. In: First Johor Research Day. 2012, Hospital Permai Johor Bahru, Malaysia.
- Atan R, Aung HH, Yunos NAM. Online module on acute medicine for Monash MBBS Year 5 students. 2013.
- Ramadas A, Aung HH. Factors associated with inclination towards cosmetic procedures among young Malaysian adults. 2016. In Preparation.