Dr Jhoram Funtanares Nufable
Associate Professor and Phase I Clinical Skills Coordinator
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +6075553800 (extn:3865)
- Associate Professor, MBBS and BMS programmes
- Clinical skills coordinator for Phase I MBBS
Jhoram has been with NUMed since 2013. His task is to keep the sessions in the clinical skills lab smoothly running for Phase I. He is a general practitioner (GP) but has focused his career in the academe. He has been in teaching for 15 years and has an extensive teaching experience in several subjects. His fields of interest are human anatomy and embryology, physiology, microbiology and clinical skills.
Workgroups and Committees
- Clinical skills working group - Chair
- Anatomy working group
- Phase I Staff-student committee
- Phase I students' experience Committee
- Medical Students' admissions interview
- Fellow of The Higher Education Academy, UK Professional Standards Framework
- Postgraduate Diploma in Medical Education - University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
- Postgraduate Certificate in Medical Education - University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
- Doctor of Medicine - Our Lady of Fatima University, Manila
- Bachelor of Science in Biology - De La Salle University, Manila
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Dr. Yanga's Colleges, Philippines
- NUSU's Teaching Excellence Awards nominee - years 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- FHEA - UKPSF
- Registered Physician - Professional Regulation Commission, Manila
- Member - The Philippine Society of Anatomists
- 2003 - 2010 - Assistant Professor in Human Structural Biology - Our Lady of Fatima University, Manila
- 2005 - 2010 - Assistant Professor, Basic Nursing Science Department coordinator in St. Luke's College of Nursing - Trinity University of Asia, Manila
- 2010 -2013 - Lecturer - Allianze University College, Penang, Malaysia
- 2013 - 2016 - Senior Lecturer and Phase I Clinical Skills Coordinator - Newcastle University Medicine Malaysia
- 2016 - present - Associate Professor and Phase I Clinical Skills Coordinator - Newcastle University Medicine Malaysia
Modules currently involved in NUMed:
MBBS phase I:
- Clinical skills and Communication
- Nutrition, Metabolism & Endocrinology
- Cardiovascular, Renal & Respiratory Medicine
- Molecules to Disease
- Life Cycle
- Induction and Student Support
BSc Biomedical Sciences
- The Nervous System and Respiratory Diseases
- Microbiology and Immunology
Foundation Certificate in Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Introduction to Basic Clinical Skills
- Roles of Medical Doctor and Teams
- Instructional design development with IT (information technology) use
- Digital divide and social equity in online education
- Nufable JN, Nufable SL, Guilding C. A Practitioner's Inquiry: Teaching Pre-clinical MBBS Students using a 'Question Based Instructional Design with Clickers'. 2018. Singapore: 15th Asia Pacific Medical Education Conference, National University of Singapore.
- Ho H, Nufable JF, Dotimas L, Basit S, Luna G. Developing Cognitive Competency in Nursing Care and Management of Communicable Diseases in an Interdisciplinary Team Learning Environment. 2008. Paranaque City, Philippines: Philippine Journal of Nursing Education, 18, 39-42.
- Dotimas L, Senolos G, Tanawit G, Buzon D, Nufable JF, Enriquez A, Enriquez E, Gonzales N, Mayo R, Esquivel C, Tan A, Jacot R, Fernandez K, Pagsinohin N. Normal Flora and Environmental Sampling. In: Ho,H;Gan,R;Verbo,R;Guerrerro, ed. Microbiology and Parasitology, Laboratory Manual for Health Sciences. Quezon City: C and E Publishing, Inc, 2008.
- Nufable JF. The Respiratory System. In: Ho, H; Gan, R; Verbo, R; Guerrerro, J, ed. Human Anatomy and Physiology Workbook and Laboratory Manual. Quezon City: C and E Publishing, Inc, 2008, pp.369-386.
- Nufable JF. A survey of the presence of digenetic trematode larvae in freshwater snails collected in Bakas, Norzagaray, Bulacan. Manila: De La Salle University, 1997.