Levas Anak Mejus
Senior Library Manager
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Newcastle University Medicine Malaysia (NUMed)
No.1, Jalan Sarjana 1
Kota Ilmu, EduCity@Iskandar
79200 Iskandar Puteri (Nusajaya)
Roles and Responsibilities
- Managing the Library and Information Service Section. Responsible for setting up, operating and managing the Library and Learning Resources Centre to provide library, information and IT services to students, academic and administrative staff at NUMed.
- Work closely with colleagues at the main campus in the Newcastle University, UK to ensure all the resources, facilities and services are accordance to the standard in the UK to support NUMed's teaching and learning, and students' experience.
- These are the three areas under my responsibilities: Library Service, IT Service and Lab (Laboratory)
MSc (Master of Science) in Information and Library Studies, University of Strathcylde in Glasgow, Scotland, UK.
BSc (Bachelor of Science) in Library Science, MARA Institute of Technology University (UiTM), Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia.
1999 - May 2011: Chief Librarian, Curtin University Sarawak Campus, Miri, Sarawak.
1993 - 1996: Assistant Library Officer, Sarawak Information Center, Sarawak Chief Minister Office, Kuching, Sarawak.
2012 - present: Committee Member, Southern Region Librarian Group, The Librarian Association of Malaysia.
2012 - present: Committee Member, Malaysia Medical Librarian Group, The Librarian Association of Malaysia.
Currently being appointed as the Secretary, Malaysia Medical Librarian Group, The Librarian Association of Malaysia for year 2016/18.
Achievements and awards
2013: Awarded the Best Environmental Initiative under Highly Commended. Title: Earth Day: The Face of Climate Change at NUMed. Library and IT staff together with Student's Stay Green Society.
2012: Won a group award for Outstanding Group Contribution to reducing the University’s Environmental Impact for a competition on contributions to the University’s environmental awards. The article was published on 10th July 2012 with the Title: Newcastle University’s Environment and Spotlight Awards 2012.
Successfully designed and established NUMed libguide in 2012. This guide is designed to help NUMed students and staff to get started using the NUMed Library services, resources and facilities.
Introduced and initiated the Health Week since 2013 until present. This event is now becoming a yearly event at NUMed with activities such exhibitions, interactive activities, products selling, blood donation campaign etc. where we have a collaboration with a few government agencies and organisations within Johor.
Involve with teaching the Information and Searching Skills for MBBS and BMS courses.
MBBS (Stage 1 and 2), the modules that I am teaching are:
ISS 2.2: Introduction to Medical Database
ISS 2.5: Introduction to ENDNOTE
ISS 2.6: Information Skills Assimilation
ISS 3.5: SCOPUS
ISS 3.11: Cochrane Library
BMS (Stage 1), the module that I am teaching is:
BMN 1004: Practical Skills in Biomedical & Biomolecular Sciences 1