Dr Ma Brenda Pancho
Associate Professor, Assistant Dean for Student Support
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +60 7 555 3917 (Level 2, Rm. B.3.25, Bell’s Court);+60 7 555 3935 (Student Support Services, Rm. D.1.12, LRC)
- Address: Newcastle University Medicine Malaysia
No. 1, Jalan Sarjana 1
Kota Ilmu, Educity@Iskandar
79200 Iskandar Puteri (formerly Nusajaya)
Dr. Ma. Brenda Pancho was appointed in October 2015 as Assistant Dean for Student Support whose main roles are the provision of pastoral and study skills support to students in all NUMed programs, referral of students to other NUMed departments involved in student services and the management of the student tutoring system.
As Associate Professor, she contributes to teaching in the Patient, Doctor and Society (PDS) units in both the pre-clinical and clinical phases of the MBBS Program.
She is currently the Unit Lead for the PDS units in Stage 2 of the MBBS Program and sits as a member of the Phase 1 Teaching and Learning Committee.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Medical Education (Distinction), Newcastle University, United Kingdom
- Master of Public Health (First Class Honours), University of Auckland, New Zealand
- Doctor of Medicine (Integrated Arts and Medicine [INTARMED] Program), University of the Philippines Manila, College of Medicine
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, University of La Salette, Philippines
- Bachelor of Science in Basic Medical Sciences (INTARMED Program), University of the Philippines Manila, College of Medicine
Honours, Awards, Scholarships
2016 – Postgraduate Diploma in Medical Education (Distinction), Newcastle University, UK
2003 – Master of Public Health (First Class Honours), University of Auckland, New Zealand
2003 – Community Health Prize in Public Health for Best Dissertation/Thesis, University of Auckland, New Zealand
2001-2003 – Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship (Master of Public Health)
1998 – Most Outstanding Philippine Science High School Alumni (Gawad Lagablab Award), for Community Service (Medicine)
1997 – Rizal Award for Rural Physicians
1985-1992 – University of the Philippines - Philippine Government Scholarship (INTARMED Program)
1985 – The Outstanding Youth Science Researcher, Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports, Philippines
Membership in Professional Organizations
Philippine Medical Association
American Public Health Association
Contributes to teaching in the following units in the MBBS Programme:
- Patients, Doctors and Society 1
- Patients, Doctors and Society 2
- Patients, Doctors and Society 3
- Patients, Doctors and Society 4
- Patients, Doctors and Society 5
- Nutrition, Metabolism and Endocrinology 1
- Pancho MBC. Rapid Assessment of Pre-Hospital Ambulance Services in Metro Manila. Manila, Philippines: Department of Health, 2005.
- Pancho MBC. Tobacco Control in the Philippines. University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand, 2003.