Dr Swe Zin Aye
Senior Lecturer (clinical)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +607 555 3800
- Fax: +607 555 3888
- Address: Newcastle University Medicine Malaysia (NUMed Malaysia)
No. 1 Jalan Sarjana 1
79200 Iskandar Puteri (formerly Nusajaya)
- I joined Newcastle University Medicine Malaysia since February 2014.
- I am currently working as a Senior Lecturer (Clinical) in NUMED.
- I mainly involve in teaching child and adolescent health for Stage 3, Stage 4 and Stage 5 medical students.
Background and Qualifications
- Achieved MBBS degree from University of Medicine (1), Yangon, Myanmar since 2001 and the earlier paediatrics training was in Yangon Children Hospital, Myanmar.
- Finished master degree, M.Med.Sc (Paediatrics) from the same university in 2007.
- Got membership from Royal Collage of Paediatrics and Child Health, MRCPCH (UK) in October 2015.
- Completed PG Cert. Medical Education from Newcastle University (UK) in December 2015.
Previous Positions and Interests
- While I was a specialist paediatrician in Yangon Children Hospital, I worked in Paediatric Nephrology Unit. My special interests are in nephrology, neonatology and medical education.
- I practiced as a consultant paediatrician in Gangaw Hospital, Myanmar before joining to NUMED.
- 1993--Distinctions for First Year, MBBS.
- 1994--Distinctions for Anatomy and Physiology in Second Year, MBBS.
Teaching responsibilities at Newcastle University Medicine Malaysia
- Currently working as a lead of ESR Paediatrics for Stage 5 students in NUMED, planning for teaching sessions, involving in AQM meeting for Child and Adolescent Health Curriculum, etc.
- Responsible for teaching EJR Paediatrics for Stage 3 medical students.
- Involved in CSIM 2 teaching for Stage 4 Medical students.
- Tutoring guidance for Stage1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 medical students.
Aye.S.Z,"Complementary Feeding Practices in Myanmar Children", 10th Medical Conference Journal 2009, Myanmar Medical Association, Taungyi, 34-39.