How can an Occupational Health advisor help you?
Please follow our referral procedure, if an advisor can help with:
- Assessing health through pre-employment medicals, medical reviews, and health surveillance, to ensure you are fit for the job and that work is not harmful to your health.
- Regularly reviewing health related aspects of your work situation and recommending ways of maintaining a healthy and safe environment (ie medical advice on Display Screen Equipment (DSE) workstation and related musculoskeletal issues; night work assessment; pregnancy).
- Disability advice.
- Form valuable links between employees, GP and manager during the rehabilitation period following a return to work after illness, surgery or injury, and by helping to plan the approach to regaining a normal working pattern.
- Initiate ‘follow up’ of those on sick leave at the request of the manager/Human Resources Officer. Advice can be given to the employee and the manager, aimed at an early return to work and a rehabilitation programme.
- Advise pension funds on ill-health early retirement.
- Offer counselling on personal and work related problems with complete confidentiality.
- Immunisation for work.
- Provide information in relation to the health and well-being of employees.
- Advice on work related travel.