Dr Laura Lindsey
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0191 2082351
Laura is a chartered psychologist with interest in public health research and interdisciplinary working.
BSc (Hons) Psychology, University of Plymouth
PhD, Institute of Health and Society, Newcastle University 2013
CPsychol Chartered Psychologist, British Psychological Society 2014
Fellow of the Higher Education Academy 2015
Postgraduate Certificate in Acedmic Practice, Durham University 2018
Laura’s research interests are around education and practice working together to improve the process of care and patient experience. Laura is interested in the use of qualitative methods and the role they can play to explore ways of improving the patient experience and outcomes and patient involvement in the care process.
TeachingLaura teaches research methods, health psychology and clinical skills on the MPharm. She is also the academic lead for placements.
- Lindsey L, Husband AK, Steed L, Walton R, Todd A. Helpful advice and hidden expertise: pharmacy users' experience of community pharmacy accessibility. Journal of Public Health 2017, 39(3), 609-615.
- Todd A, Husband A, Andrew I, Pearson S, Lindsey L, Holmes H. Inappropriate prescribing of preventative medication in patients with life-limiting illness: a systematic review. BMJ Supportive & Palliative Care 2017, 7(2), 113-121.
- Lindsey L, Husband A, Nazar H, Todd A. Promoting the early detection of cancer: A systematic review of community pharmacy-based education and screening interventions. Cancer Epidemiology 2015, 39(5), 673-681.
- Badenhorst J, Todd A, Lindsey L, Ling J, Husband A. Widening the scope for early cancer detection: identification of alarm symptoms by community pharmacies. International Journal of Clinical Pharmacy 2015, 37(3), 465-470.
- Badenhorst J, Husband A, Ling J, Lindsey L, Todd A. Do patients with cancer alarm symptoms present at the community pharmacy?. In: Royal Pharmaceutical Society Annual Conference 2014. 2014, ICC Birmingham UK: John Wiley & Sons Ltd.
- Watkins M, Jones R, Lindsey L, Sheaff R. The clinical content of NHS trust board meetings: an initial exploration. Journal of Nursing Management 2008, 16(6), 707-715.
- Jones R, Rogers R, Roberts J, Callaghan L, Lindsey L, Campbell J, Throgood M, Wright G, Gaunt N, Hanks C, Williamson G. What is eHealth: a research agenda for eHealth through stakeholder consultation and policy context review. Journal of Medical Internet Research 2005, 7(5), e54.