Dr Lauren Molyneux
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 01912082344
Lauren Molyneux joined the School of Pharmacy in 2017 as a teaching fellow in Medicinal Chemistry.
She received her PhD from Newcastle University in 2013 for her work on the design and synthesis of small molecule inhibitors of ERK5 for the treatment of cancer as part of the Northern Institute for Cancer Research (NICR). Following this, Lauren completed a teaching qualification before returning to the NICR in 2015. Here, she carried out post-doctoral work on various multidisciplinary projects. During this time, Lauren also taught part of the Organic Chemistry module to undergraduate students as well as supervising masters and postgraduate students in the lab.
- 2013-2014 Newcastle University – PGCE in Chemistry
- 2009-2013 Newcastle University – PhD in Medicinal Chemistry
- 2005-2009 Newcastle University - MChem Chemistry with Medicinal Chemistry
- 2015-2017 Research Associate, Northern Institute for Cancer Research, Newcastle University
- Myers SM, Bawn RH, Bisset LC, Blackburn TJ, Cottyn B, Molyneux L, Wong AC, Cano C, Clegg W, Harrington RW, Leung H, Rigoreau L, Vidot S, Golding BT, Griffin RJ, Hammonds T, Newell DR, Hardcastle IR. High-throughput screening and hit validation of extracellular-related kinase 5 (ERK5) inhibitors. ACS Combinatorial Science 2016, 18(8), 444-455.
- Rodriguez SA, Clapham KM, Barrett L, Cano C, Desage ME, Griffin RJ, Hardcastle IR, Payne SL, Rennison T, Richardson C, Golding BT. Versatile Synthesis of Functionalised Dibenzothiophenes via Suzuki Coupling and Microwave-assisted Ring Closure. Organic & Biomolecular Chemistry 2011, 9(17), 6066-6074.
- Reuillon T, Miller D, Myers S, Molyneux L, Cano C, Hardcastle I, Griffin R, Rigoreau L, Golding B, Noble M. Pyrrolcarboxamide Derivatives for the Inhibition of ERK5. WO/2016/042341, 24/03/2016.