Dr Andrea Rehberg
Lecturer in Philosophy
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0191-2083545
- Address: Room 2.66, 2nd Floor
Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 7RU
My area of expertise is post-Kantian European philosophy, especially 19th- and 20th-century German and French thought, with emphasis on Kant, Nietzsche, Heidegger and their 20th-century French readers, including Bataille, Deleuze, Derrida, and Foucault. I also work on philosophical feminism, especially Irigaray. Another research area is Phenomenology and the Philosophy of Art. I have also worked on Schopenhauer and the philosophical implications of Freud's work.
I am the book reviews editor of the Journal of the British Society for Phenomenology, and on the editorial board of the 'Values and Identities' series at Rowman & Littlefield Publishers. I am a member of the executive of the British Society for Phenomenology, the Society for European Philosophy and the Friedrich Nietzsche Society, as well as being an invited member of the Latin American Asociacion Interacional de Fenomenologie y Ciencia Cognitiva.
I joined Newcastle University in 2016, but had previously taught at Manchester Metropolitan University, the University of Dundee, as well as in Turkey, and the US.
I am a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
PHI 1010 European Philosophical Traditions I: Knowledge, Reality, Truth (semester 1)
PHI 2006 Philosophy, Culture and Society (semester 1)
PHI 3002 Postmodern Political Thought: Domination and Resistance (semester 2)
- Rehberg A. "On Affective Universality: Kant, Arendt, and Lyotard on sensus communis". In: Baiasu, S; Vanzo, A, ed. Kant and the Continental Tradition: Sensibility, Nature, and Religion. London: Routledge, 2018. In Preparation.
- Rehberg A. "Nietzsche Beyond Kant: From Critique to Physiological Thinking". New Nietzsche Studies: The Journal of the Nietzsche Society 2014, 9, 121-133.
- Rehberg A. "Heidegger and Cognitive Science - Aporetic Reflections". In: Wheeler, M; Kiverstein, J, ed. Heidegger and Cognitive Science. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan, 2012, pp.157-175.
- Rehberg A. "Nietzsche and Merleau-Ponty: Body, Physiology, Flesh". In: Andrea Rehberg, ed. Nietzsche and Phenomenology. Newcastle upon Tyne: Cambridge Scholars Press, 2011, pp.141-162.
- Rehberg A, ed. Nietzsche and Phenomenology. Newcastle upon Tyne: Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2011.
- Rehberg A. "The World and the Work of Art". Epoche 2009, 14(1), 131-142.
- Rehberg A. "Sculpture and/as the Happening of Space". In: John Wall, ed. The Mediation of Cultural Spaces: Structure, Sign, Body. Newcastle upon Tyne: Cambridge Scholars Press, 2008, pp.116-131.
- Rehberg A. "The Problem of Subsumption". In: Mugla University International Kant Symposium. 2007, Mugla, Turkey: Ankara Vadi Yayinlari.
- Rehberg A. "Exposures: Nancy and Heidegger on Community". Journal of the British Society for Phenomenology 2004, 35(3), 228-245.
- Rehberg A. "The Overcoming of Physiology". Journal of Nietzsche Studies 2002, (23), 39-50.
- Rehberg A. "Cycles of Affirmation: The Eternal Return as Hierophantic Temporality". Journal of Nietzsche Studies 2000, (19), 19-32.
- Jones R, Rehberg A, ed. The Matter of Critique: Readings in Kant's Philosophy. Manchester: Clinamen Press, 2000.
- Rehberg A. "Nietzsche's Transvaluation of Causality". In: Babette Babich and Robert Cohen, ed. Nietzsche's Epistemological Writings and Philosophy of Science. Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1999, pp.279-286.
- Rehberg A. "Causality as Physiological Value". Journal of Nietzsche Studies 1994, (8), 55-71.